ix

a smile was plastered across your face as you rushed down the hall once again, hopeful of another encounter with sakusa as it was something you looked forward to throughout your days. as you reached the outside you frowned at the cloudy weather, the wind blowing your hair and clothes around. gaining your eyesight back, you searched right before left, laying your eyes on sakusa and another figure.

you couldn't help but furrow your eyebrows until sakusa noticed you, smiling and calling you over. "y/n, over here!" he reached his arm out, waving. you gave a small smile as you walked over to the two, the face of the unfamiliar person being revealed. "this is valeria," sakusa introduced, turning to the girl with a big smile. "valeria this is y/n." you turned to the pretty girl with a smile as she held her hand out, you shook it.

"hi!" she firmly shook your hand before letting go and turning back to the boy, an in awe look in her eyes. "how do you know sakusa?" the brunette asked, shifting back to you. as you began your explanation, a car horn went off along with a yell that belonged to calle.

"y/n what the fuck are you doing? hurry up and get in the car, i'm fucking starving!" the girl yelled, you gaped at the girl with a white face, turning back to the two with shame.

"duty calls," you sheepishly spoke, saying a shy goodbye before running to calle's car.

_

you rested your head on the table, groaning with shame. "calle i feel so bad." you told the girl, lifting your head up with a frown. "she was so pretty, how have i never seen her before?" calle glared at your complaining, kicking your leg.

"why do you care so much? i thought you two were just friends." your words bonded together as you tried to explain, giving up as you couldn't find the words. calle gasped as you stayed silent, laughing. "do you like him?"

you gaped at her question, sitting up and moving your arms around as you tried to explain with your body language. "i don't think so, but why did i feel like that earlier?" the girl shrugged with a smile, sighing.

"maybe you aren't sure yet, i thought you said you didn't feel comfortable with him," calle spoke, stacking her dishes together as she finished her lunch.

"i didn't say anything, all i did was shrug." calle raised her eyebrows with an unimpressed look.

"maybe he felt sad about that, he could be trying to substitute that feeling he gets from you." you carefully listened to the girl, frowning.

"why would he do that?" calle scoffed, shrugging with an annoyed look.

"i don't know, guys do stupid things," she responded, cupping her hands together. "maybe talk to him about it?" you gave the girl a sad look before she smiled at your childlike mannerisms. "let's go get some ice cream to make up for your poor mood." you smiled while clapping your hands together.

"only if we can study too!"

"now i'm in a poor mood y/n."

_

you held your face up with your palm as you scrolled through the instagram profile that belonged to the girl from earlier in the day, tuning out the sound of kuroo and bokuto arguing against calle. "what are you doing?" you jumped in your seat as akaashi's voice startled you. "stalking?" he asked with a tilted head, smiling.

"she knows sakusa." you spoke the three words, akaashi catching onto the little sentence that meant a lot. "do you know her?" you handed him the phone, akaashi taking it and furrowing his eyebrows.

"yeah, she's a part of the athletic department, she helps manage our volleyball games sometimes." he handed the phone back with a blank look. "i wouldn't get the wrong idea, i'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend." akaashi smiled.

"how did you know that was a concern of mine?" the boy fiddled with your head, lightly moving it from side to side as you yelled at him.

"sometimes you make it too easy to read you," he responded, taking the recliner next to yours.

"i think you're easier to read." you watched akaashi give you a look from the corner of his eye, turning back to the tv and pausing it, catching the attention of the three. "can you all shut up? i can't hear the movie." akaashi asked, pointing towards the screen with the remote. calle scoffed before sitting back down on the couch along with the other two.

"you win this time kei," calle and bokuto muttered, secretly pointing back and forth at their eyes and to the boy. you laughed at the two until your phone interrupted, you furrowed your eyebrows at the message.

sakusa

sakusa
hey y/n!
we didn't really have our daily conversation lol

oh??
are you having withdrawals?

sakusa
uhhh
maybe??

whatttt

sakusa
keep that a secret

lmfao 2 late 🤣🤣

sakusa
whattttt
another movie night?

u know it

sakusa
damn
no invite?

NOPE
maybe next time
if i remember

sakusa
is it that easy to forget me? 😥

do you want me to be honest?

sakusa
...no

good

sakusa
soooo
how was your day?

it was
def something!
i got lunch with calle n stuff
hby?

sakusa
uh nothing much
i had to help valeria with some stuff
now im really tired

ohhh
imagine being tired

sakusa
oh whatever
anyway
what do you think of val?

ohh idrk
i didn't get to really talk to her but she seems nice
she is really pretty

sakusa
haha yea
she does a lot of volunteering and helps out around campus
she said you were really pretty too
not wrong tbh

oh?
what was that sakusa??

sakusa
idk what you're talking about

mkay
i'm gonna go pay attention to this movie bc i'm being bitched at

sakusa
alright
goodnight

goodnight