Most Wanted- (Continued part 2)

Iskall POV-

Grian: Sorry, I can't come help with the tree today.

I glance at my communicator. Grian doesn't often cancel plans and I've never ever seen him do it without some very specific reason. Concern filling my heart for the hermit, I place the leaves in my hand in a shulker box nearby before responding quickly.

Me: No worries Grian. Is there something I can help you with?

I stand there staring at my communicator waiting for a response. Nothing comes. I slip my communicator in my pocket of my sweater and begin collecting more leaves to hang on my branches but my communicator goes off. I immediately pull it out, hoping my crush as responded. My heart falls as I read the message.

Stress: Guys, I think Grian needs help. I found him crying in his storage system but he wouldn't talk to me.

Iskall: I'm headed there now!

Scar: Same

I jump off of my tree (of doom) and glide towards Grian's mansion. I quickly switch my communicator in my hand for some rockets and I fire one. Just as I'm about to reach the mansion, I see Scar fly up from between the trees and he head to the entrance to Grian's base together. We land and walk into the storage system.

"Grian? Are you here? Iskall and I are worried," Scar sounded super worried as we continue walking further into the spacious room.

Once we get about half way into the room, I scan everything I can see, type a quick message into the group chat Stress had created, and turn to Scar, "I don't think he's here Scar."

Scar's eyes went wide with fear, "Everyone's panicking!"

"I know. But it's going to be okay," I glance at my vibrating communicator, scanning the messages coming in, "Everyone's going to help out. Stress made a good call when she texted about Grian crying. She and Cleo have taken to his other base. X, Doc, Ren, and Etho have teamed up to search the mining areas. Mumbo hasn't answered but I expect him to come here the moment he sees the messages."

Scar nods slowly, "I just don't know why Grian would be sad. Everyone loves him."

"Literally."

Scar glances at me and I shuffle my foot awkwardly. I hadn't before expressed my crush on Grian. Everyone had guessed it but I hid it because Grian had so many other wonderful hermits to choose from, why would he pick me? Scar finally breaks the silence, "You actually feel the same way huh?"

I shrug, "Yah... but we all agreed that Grian gets to choose."

Scar and I head out of the base and fly towards our own. I wave goodbye as Scar dives towards Larry and I glide towards my tree, worry filling my heart.

-Time Skip-

The meeting at the mushroom island went smoothly expect for Mumbo literally taking off without waiting for us to create a real plan. Stress had asked me to go check on him, clearly worried for his mental state as well as Grian's. I had sent him a couple messages along with Stress and X, asking for updates, which were ignored and so, I was currently gliding into the mansion once again. I landed lightly, not wanting to surprise Mumbo when I hear some whimpering coming from behind the redstone.

I silently want behind the redstone, mentally preparing myself to comfort a crying Mumbo but what I was met with was not something I was expecting. Mumbo was gently pulling Grian into a kiss as Grian grinned. I felt my heart break a little, but I couldn't let it show. We had all promised to let Grian choose. I carefully cleared my throat as they turned to me, their faces bright red.

"I guess I could respond to the messages you have been ignoring," I said, forcing my voice not to break, "I'll leave you be."

I turn and walk out of the base, sending a text to everyone to let them know that Grian was found. I didn't tell anyone that Grian and Mumbo were together now, that wasn't my information to share. As I launch myself into the air, I don't pay much attention to my direction as tears fall from my eye. I barely notice as I crash into Stress' white skull base, crumpling in a heap at the bottom.

Unable to hold back anymore, I let the tears flow freely. I'll feel better if I do so. I sit on the soft ground, heaving with every breath before feeling soft arms wrap around my shaking form. I look up and wipe at my eyes until I can see Stress gently looking at me, rocking me back and forth.

"Hi love. What's got you so sad? We found Grian did we not?" Her voice was quiet and sweet.

I took a couple calming breaths as Stress moves some of my hair out my eye, carefully wiping away stray tears, "I'm sorry Stress. I should probably go."

She tightens her grip on me, "no. Mumbo explained what happened with Grian and him and I won't leave you right now. If I hadn't left Grian, he wouldn't have gotten himself stuck. I'm not leaving you while you're in a similar state."

I look into her eyes from where she has rested my head in her lap and enjoy the deep browns that make up her iris. The orange flower crown on her head as more tilted than usual with stray bangs hanging in front of her face. I know I've literally just been crying over Grian, but I can't help but find Stress gorgeous. It's not weird to have more than one crush at a time is it?

I sit up and she grabs on of my hands in hers, "Iskall? Why are you looking at me like that? Oh, oh no, do I have a feather in my hair?"

I laugh lightly at her question and she grins, clearly pleased that she had succeeded in making me smile. I reach a hand to her face, resting it on her cheek. She looks at me inquisitively before move a hand to cover mine, carefully intertwining our fingers.

"Grian's been taken and I may have had a crush on him, but I don't think I was ever in love with him," I murmur slowly and when Stress tilted her head slightly, I continued more quickly, "I was so infatuated with him, putting him on a pedestal, that I failed to notice that I was in love with someone else. I am in love with someone else.

"I think I'm in love with you Stress."

She inhales sharply as she releases my hands to put hers in her lap. I sigh, and pull my hand away from her face as she looks off into the distance. I don't say anything, letting her think, but thoughts don't stop flooding my mind. 'She's so pretty. I want to be with her forever. What if she doesn't like me back? Is our relationship ruined? There's no way Stress would hate me for this, right? I just want to hold her. I want to be there through everything. I don't think I love her. I know I love her. How had I not noticed earlier?'

When she looks down at her hands then doesn't respond for a while, I whisper just loud enough for her to hear, "I don't think I'm love with you Stress. I know I am."

A soft smile traces itself across her lips and she looks at me, stars in her eyes as they reflect sunlight, "I love you too Iskall. Thank you for showing me the truth."

I grab one of her hands from her lap and gently rub my thumb over her skin as she smiles shyly at me. I stand up, pulling her with me and once she's on her feet, I pull her in for a gentle and love kiss. I pull back, leaning our foreheads together, "I'll love you forever Stress."

"Forever," she murmurs against my lips beforekissing me again.