You are the Reason- (Fluff - Mumbo x Stress)

AN- This super cute ship was request by Siafox208

AN2- Song by Calum Scott. All rights to him!

Mumbo POV-

I'm just wandering the jungle, bored out of mind. Grian and Scar are busy trying to wrangle up some of Scar's escaping villagers and Iskall is out harvesting leaves. I have no desire to build. I don't want to work on redstone. So, I just wander and wander I did until I walk out onto a small clearing. A sparkling blue pond full of colourful fish reflects the sun into my eyes so I squint, trying to figure out where I'm at.

It doesn't take me long since a giant, bright pink lotus flower is pretty obvious. I'm at Stress's base. I should go talk to her.

What if she's busy?

Why would she want to talk to me?

I ignore my own nervous thoughts, trying to quell the butterflies in the pit of my stomach as I traverse the pond towards the giant skull she lives in.

I knock gently on the white concrete but no one comes. I quietly enter, looking for Stress when I hear a couple piano notes and a bit of humming. I follow the sound until I turn a corner to see her sitting at one of VintageBeef's classic pianos.

I lean against the wall, listening to her hum and play. My nerves slowly melt away, as it's replaced by the feeling I knew to be love.

Yes, I love Stress.

I'm dragged out of my thoughts as I hear a couple cords that I recognised. It's my favourite slow song. As the cords build up, I find myself unable to stop from singing out loud.

"There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now"

She pauses and turns towards me in shock. I apologize and begin retreating before Stress smiles at me and beckons me over.

"You have a lovely voice. Please continue."

I smile and as she plays, I continue.

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now"

My mind is no longer working. I'm just singing as I watch Stress gently play each cord with expert ease.

"I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason"

I pause after this point as my brain catches up to my heart. This is exactly how I feel towards Stress. I can feel a light blush on my face, which deepens when she looks at me. She has paused again when I didn't start the next verse but quickly restarts and sings for me.

"There goes my hands shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now, oh"

She is a light pink as she turns towards me, wait for me to continue the song. I sit down beside her on the piano bench and not wanting to disappoint her, I did sing the next few lines.

"If I could turn back the clock
I'd make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day oh
Keeping you safe"

Still playing the piano, she has laid her head on my shoulder and joins in, her voice creating a simple harmony to my melody.

"I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason"

I'm crying at this point as I spill all of my feelings out to the beautiful hermit sitting beside me.

"I don't wanna fight no more
I don't wanna hide no more
I don't wanna to cry no more come back, I need you to hold me
A little closer now, just a little closer now"

She never stops playing the piano and when my voice breaks, she pipes in softly.

"Come a little closer, I need you to hold me tonight"

Stress stops playing. Turning to face me directly on the bench, she grabs my hand. I turn to her and she gently wipes the tears my face. "Stress... I- I- This song- I meant every word."

She smiles, tears now gently slipping from her eyes and she completes the song acapella,

"I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason"

I wrap my arms around her small waist, hugging her tightly as she sings, slightly muffled by my clothes. She pulls away to caress my face again. I lean into her touch, gently closing my eyes. I sigh just as I felt her lips press against mine. Then pull away, resting her head on my chest.

"I did too Mumbo..."