Summer Rain Storm Part 1- (Lime - Ren x Bdubs)

AN- this is the first time I've ever written something quite like this (both part 1 and 2). It was a serious challenge but I took it on willingly.

BdoubleO POV-

When Ren asked me to come join him to stargaze, I'll say I was honestly confused. I've never hung out with Ren much but I figured that this would be the perfect opportunity to get to know him better. It was my goal to meet more people this season, especially since I joined so late in the last Hermitcraft world. Even so, I had spent almost no time with the wolf hybrid. Let's see if I can name off somethings about Ren Dog...

1) He's the log guy

2) He is super good at role playing

3) He can make some awesome builds. I really enjoyed the Western town he made

4) Has an odd obsession with a mooshroom.

5) Wears sunglasses

6) Extremely fit and not much taller than me

7) He's part wolf

8) I'd also say he's pretty dang...

It was at this point, that my boat beached itself on Ren's loser island. I quickly shook my head trying to clear my thoughts and I jumped out of the boat. As I dragged my vessel up higher in the sand so that the tide doesn't whisk it away, I admired the small area he built, ideas flooding into my head from his use of well planted trees to even out the tall structure he calls his base.

Just as I begin walking up to knock on his door, Ren comes rushing out and gives me a full hug. I had to plant my feet in the sand to avoid being knocked straight onto my back.

"Bdubs! You came! I was worried you wouldn't. The sun is almost set and... and..." he fades off and he's dog ears droop slightly on his head, his tail falling between his legs.

I chuckle. Yes, I was late. But I was here now, "Sorry my handsome friend. Let's go find a good spot for the stars though."

----------

We chose the edge of Ren's dock, a blanket covering the rough wood. While setting up, Ren had collected a couple snacks and I had filled my arms up with extra blankets and pillows. We laid on the rough surface, listening to the lapping of the ocean against the dock and stared at the sky. Ren, leaning on his side, pointed out constellations and telling me stories about each one as his tail wagged behind him. Why Orion's belt was named such. The differences between Ursa Major and Minor. The charioteer of Auriga. I listened silently, enjoying his voice and excitement.

After a couple hours of the myths and legends of the stars, I began to feel sleepy. I usually went to bed much earlier and the cool night air and white noise created by the water was making it harder and harder to stay wake. I shifted myself right next to the dog hybrid, resting my head on his arm as he wrapped it around me. It felt safe. And I felt tired. I tried my hardest to listen to Ren, but the moment he told me it was okay to fall asleep, I did almost instantly...

But the rain started. As the heavy droplets pattered on my exposed face, I shifted, turning into Ren, not ready to wake up. It was probably early morning at this point. Ren slowly rolled me back, "We should probably get up before the rain gets worse..." Then it poured.

It was exactly like the movies. Ren and I were immediately soaked as we sat up quickly. I scooped up the blankets and made a beeline for his base, the warm interior immediately causing me to shiver from my, previously unfelt, damp coldness. I dump the sopping items in the corner of Ren's house and turn to see, through the door way, Ren playing and splashing in the puddles already forming outside.