Valley Part 1 - (Fluff - Scar x Grian)

"LET'S GO HIKING!"

I groan and roll over in my bed as I try to ignore the wizard who just burst into my room. Trying to find the peace of sleep and fall back into my dream I pull the red sheets over my head. It doesn't last long as Scar rips the covers off my bed, giggling, "Nice PJ's G."

Now shivering, I sit up and rub my eyes to remove the sleep from them, "What time is it even? The sun's not even up."

"I don't know! But we need to get ready for our hike. I found a gorgeous lake hidden in the valley of a couple mountains about 2000 blocks away and I want to hike to it! I even collected a couple horses for the trip to the base of the trail!" Scar looked so excited and began to empty his inventory on the floor to show me everything he had brought. A few sticks to act as hiking poles. Two bagged lunches that he said held steak sandwiches and cookies.

Scar was so excited for this hike, I just couldn't turn him down so I quickly collect the items he had brought for me and rush to get ready for the day. I, of course, was wearing my normal red sweater and black jeans with a worn pair of runners and Scar had donned his old leather jacket and cowboy hat. Thankfully he had actually put some pants on, I wasn't surprised, it would be rather painful to ride 2000 blocks in a pair of boxers. I was still confused why he wanted to ride when we could easily fly but when Scar started seeing me strap on my elytra, he ran behind me and undid it, his arms around my body as he undid the front clips. He lingered close to me for a moment longer than necessary then stepped back, placing my wings on their stand.

"You won't be needing those Grian. We are going to have a nice day, on the ground." Scar pointed on the ground then dragged me out of my room before I had a chance to put any armour on. I guess we are going old school. Luckily, Scar hadn't stolen the dagger I always slept with.

I blinked a couple times as we walk outside, the rising sun glaring right in my eyes. I look at the ground as Scar leads to a makeshift horse post where two horses stood. The chestnut stallion with a black mane and tail was already fully tacked up. Scar's saddle matched the colour of the magnificent animal and held a high back and padded seat. I remember helping make it with Cub to the remove as much strain possible and provide Scar the best support for his braced legs.

Scar was jumping from excitement as I retrieved my saddle from where it rested beside my villager breeder. The soft leather worn from years of use, and the small inscription of my name had faded. I toss my saddle pad on the pure black horse. He looked like a mustang and thoroughbred mix. Strong and muscular but appeared to have a gentle attitude. He stood completely still as I placed the saddle on his back and began doing up the straps and adjusting the stirrups as necessary. I glance under my horse's neck to see Scar mumbling excitedly to his horse and brushing its mane.

I smile lightly at his bubbly excitement, "Scar... I'm ready. But I have a question, do these beautiful horses of yours have a name?"

"Oh yes! Mine is named Apollo and yours is Moonshine!" he turned to address Apollo, "doesn't your friend look so handsome in Grian's saddle? I'm almost jealous of it. But don't worry Appy, mine is much comfortable. I will need to ask Grian for his help to get in though..." he turns back to me expectantly as I sigh. I walk around Moonshine to where Scar was and knee down to give Scar that little extra step he needs to place his left foot into the stirrup. Once situated, I grab his hips and stand up, pushing him up into his saddle. He thanks me as I turn to mount my horse.

The ride to the mountain trail was wonderful. Once we had escaped the jungle, Scar and I rode side by side chatting about anything you could think of. I told him about my experiences in Evo and he told me stories about baking and magic. Apparently, he stress bakes. I should pop by his house more often...