Beach Day - Fluff (Xisuma x Scar)

Heat just radiated off of everything. The water vapor shimmered in the air around each of the sweltering hermits. Most had ditched their normal outfits for looser, cooler clothes. All except Scar. He was still in his normal tee-shirt and matching wizard robe. Sweat dripped off his fingers as he walked through the cowmercial district, just looking for something to get the day to pass by faster. His hat, drooping in conjunction with his mood. Even the monster plant in his greenhouse shop sagged.

"Hey Scar!" a shorter hermit in a pair of red swim shorts had just appeared in Scar's vision, "Ren invited us all to Loser Island for a beach party!" Grian was bouncing on his heels in anticipation.

"You should come!" this time it was Iskall, dressed in a loose-fitting muscle shirt and green swim trunks.

Scar just shrugged and followed the two men to the water and hopped in a boat behind Grian.

The distance between the mooshroom island and Loser Island wasn't that far but with the sunlight reflecting on the surface of the ocean and the effort it took to row the boat, Scar could hardly breathe by the time they hit Ren's beach. Sweat had soaked through his sleeves, turning the green a darker shade. His hat was hanging of his neck to allow heat to escape from his head. He could feel the sun burning his cheeks as he clambered out of the boat and helped Grian out. Iskall wasn't too far behind, also sweating from the exertion and heat.

Ren sauntered up to the three hermits, "Welcome to the party bros!" He wore a sleeveless Hawaiian style button up and short jean shorts. A lay of purple orchids hung around his neck. He threw a similar flower lay around Grian's head, the red petals matching his shorts. Around Scar and Iskall, Ren threw a necklace of beads and shells and then led the three of them to a group of other hermits. Each had either a lay or bead necklace.

"Hey Grian, Iskall, Scar!" Stress was the first to skip over to acknowledge the new arrivals. Her blue flower lay bringing out the blue of her grey eyes.

Everyone said their hellos and it wasn't long before Grian had drug Mumbo and Iskall into the ocean. Cleo and Stress quickly joined followed by Ren and Bdubs both dragging Doc and Keralis respectively. False sat on a beach chair, sun tanning with her hair tied up into a bun. Xisuma had found some shade to relax and chat to Etho and Hypno. Zedaph and Tango were playing volleyball against Impulse and Cub. xB was helping TFC lather on some sun lotion while Jevin and Vintage wandered around, handing out drinks and snacks they had found in Ren's house, occasionally standing in front of False to annoy her.

Scar just stood of to the side, still boiling in his clothes. He ached to join the hermits in their swim attire and random game of chicken happening in the ocean.

"Howdy Scar, why don't yah doff that tarp you call robes?" Joe stood beside Scar, sipping from a glass of pina colada, completed with one of those little umbrellas.

Scar jumped then panicked. He wanted to cool down in the ocean so badly, but couldn't remove his covering. He wouldn't let it happen.

Joe continued to look at Scar, his eyebrows raises questioningly until Scar finally responds, "oh yah... haha... these old things? I'd rather... uh... keep them on?" His voice fluctuation made the last line sound more like a question but Joe didn't press him.

"Hmm... well, robe or no robe, I need a partner to play chicken with."

Scar glanced at where hermits in the ocean were playing. Grian was sitting on Mumbo's shoulders as he tried to push Keralis off of Bdubs. Stress, sitting on Iskall was doing the same to Ren and Doc. Cleo floated just beyond them, laughing.

"Oh... Um sure I guess? Why not go with Cleo?"

"Did you not know about the challenge of '07? Cleo's banned herself from the game since."