Kangaroo and her human (Part 2)

HEY, GUYS SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT HAD SOME WRITERS BLOCK. BUT I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE WHAT I HAVE HERE FOR YALL. SO PLEASE ENJOY IT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF IT.

No one's POV

While Stella and her team were making their way towards the human's location. On the other side of the city, the human squadrons were busy setting up a trap for the aliens that would hopefully kill them or at the most slow them down enough so the transports could escape. 

Max's POV 

On the third floor of an office building, Max and his friend Robert were hard at work wiring and placing explosive charges around the building they were in. The plan was to rig several buildings on both sides of the street with explosives and lure the enemy between them. Once the enemy was in range their commander would detonate the explosives and bury the aliens in the rumble and debry.

 Max had just set the last charge on a pillar and, was now packing up all of his equipment alongside his friend Max. The two boys were not meant for war. They said numerous times that peace with these aliens would be better than war but, no one was interested in hearing that. 

Max: "Man this sucks. I can't believe Nashville is gone, dude." He said sadly. 

Both Max and Robert grew up in Nashville. When the aliens showed up and started to destroy their home both of them felt a part of themselves die along with the once beautiful city. 

Robert: "I know dude but, we have to focus on the task at hand. If those aliens get past us then the transports will be wiped out." 

The two men looked out of the window looking upon their once beautiful city. Time seemed to stop as they gazed upon the numerous buildings that were completely destroyed or riddled with holes from enemy fire. But then a sound that stopped their hearts was heard. 

Boom, boom, boom, 

The heavy sound of footsteps was heard coming right behind them. Then their radios went off. 

Soldier: "(Radio) They're here, they're here." 

Soldier: "(Radio) The enemy is right on top of we need to evacuate now." He said fearfully. 

Max and Robert looked back towards the direction of the sound and, upon doing so their eyes went wide. Their walking down the street coming right towards their positions. Were two aliens one male German Sheperd and one female Kangaroo? They were waking straight at them at a pretty good pace. 

Max: " No no no no, they are not supposed to be here yet." He said shaking with fear. 

Robert: "Max quick hide before they see us." He said franticly. 

Max quickly realized that the aliens were at eye level with them. And all they needed to do to spot them was simply look into the window of the building. 

Both men quickly darted towards the stairway which was only a few feet away from them. As they ran they could hear the footsteps of the aliens coming closer and closer to their position. keeping low they ran as fast as they could. 

Max glanced back and to his horror, the German Sheperd came up to the building and glanced inside. His eyes went wide when he met the gaze of the Sheperd. The Sheperd was taken back and even leaned in to see better. 

But, Max and Robert managed to get into the stairway and, not stopping they began to run down the stair as fast as they could. 

Max: "Come on dude we need to get out of here now!" He said breathing rapidly.