Prey or friend (Part 2)

No one's POV 

The Sun was starting to set behind the great mountains painting the cloudless skies with breathtaking colors of red, yellow, and orange. Down below the skies among the forest the critters were starting to return to their homes for the night while the nocturnal creatures slowly woke up and began to come out. 

However, not all was good and peaceful. Far above the earth was a mighty dragoness that was now flying towards her cave which was located high up in the mountains. But she was not returning alone cause within her claws a human boy lay scared out of his mind and wondering if today was his last. 

Alex's POV 

Alex clung tightly to the dragoness's chest while her claws kept him in a secure yet gentle grip. A million thoughts raced through his mind as he tried to think of any way he could to escape the predicament he was in. 

He would occasionally look down to the ground and find it amazing to look at. He wanted nothing more but to draw the land from this position, but he soon found himself looking back to the dragon that held him in her grasp and remembering that he was in danger. 

For the whole flight, not a word had been spoken between the two of them, and even though he feared angering the beast the silence got to him so he gathered some courage and spoke.

Alex: "So dragon, what are you going to do with me?" He asked curiously.

The dragon didn't respond instead she just kept her face fixed forward and continued to fly to her cave. 

Alex: "Hey didn't you hear me? I asked what exactly are you going to do with me once we...." 

Ryoko: "Be quiet human before I drop you to your death." She said coldly. 

Alex quickly shut his mouth and continued to look down on the landscape as it quickly passed under him. 

No one's POV 

After a few minutes, the pair finally reached the great mountain. Then to Alex's horror, the dragon quickly shot up towards the peak of the mountain. She flew higher and higher until they reached to top where a ledge was located and behind it stood the entrance to the dragon's lair. 

The dragon then quickly made her way over to the ledge and gently landed upon the rocky surface. She then quickly walked into the cave still carrying the boy. She head towards the back of the cave where Alex saw her massive nest located in the back. 

Ryoko made her way into her nest then finally let go of the human and laid down on her stomach in the center of the nest while keeping her icy gaze locked onto the human. Alex on the other hand started to panic and look around his surroundings. He quickly saw that the nest had somewhat of a wall built up around it and that they were too high for him to quickly climb out of. 

And there was also the fact that even if he got out the dragoness would most likely come after him, or if he did escape her how would he get off the mountain and find his way back to his camp and then home? 

But before he could even try to come up with a plan to escape the dragoness let out a powerful snort sending hot breath from her nostrils which caught his attention and brought his gaze to her. 

Ryoko's POV 

Ryoko: "So little hunter tell me where are the rest of your friends?" She said coldly. 

Alex: "I told already dragon I'm not a hunter." He said truthfully. 

In a blink of an eye, Ryoko shot forward bearing her fangs only stopping mere inches from his face.