Kangaroo and her human ( Part 6)

No one's POV

Everything seemed to become still. The only sound that was heard was the breeze blowing through the trees and the rustle of the leaves. 

Stella stood still completely frozen with fear and horror as she stared down her squadron commander and squadmate who had their weapons trained on her. She held Max protectively to her chest with no sign of letting go. 

Max almost buried himself in her fur as he tried to hide from these aliens. All he could do is hope that Stella had a plan to get out of here. 

Stella's POV

Stella stood frozen as she stared at Scorch and Leo and a thousand thoughts ran through her head. 

How did they find them, what were their intentions, and what was going to happen to Max if they find him? But one thing was for sure and, that was he needed to get out of there before it was too late. Just then the sound of Scorch's voice was heard. 

Scorch:  " So I come here expecting to find the rest of my pathetic squadron. But instead, I find a traitor cuddling up to the enemy and even called him a good friend." He said hatefully. 

Leo: "And not just that Sir, I do believe I heard them say they had information that would prove that we wrongfully attacked these insects." He said glaring at Stella. 

Scorch: "Indeed." he then spotted Max in her hands and gave off a chuckle. "O look and she still has that pest with her now how cute." He said smiling evilly. 

 Upon hearing this Stella felt Max shake with fear against her chest. She glanced down at him and saw that he was almost crying as he tried to sink further into her. 

Scorch: "So here is what is going to happen, Stella, First you are going to hand over this information you discovered to us, and then give us that human and, we might consider letting you go." He said sternly. 

Max looked up at Stella with tears building up in his eyes and lips quivering. Stella took a second to consider her options but, quickly made up her mind. Stella looked dead straight at her foes and, standing tall and straight she puffed her chest out and said. 

Stella: "No Scorch." She said angrily. 

Hearing this took the two soldiers by surprise. 

Scorch: "I'm sorry but, what did you say welp." He said growling and bit. 

Stella only chuckled a bit then looked down at Max. 

Stella: "It's going to be ok Max trust me." She said looking at him with a smile. 

 Max looked up at her and nodded his head. Stella smiled and then proceeded to reach down and open her pouch up. She then gently lowered Max inside and sealed him away within her warm furry pouch. Once he was safely stored away she then looked back up at Scorch and said. 

Stella: "Sorry but you're not getting this information and you will certainly not touch my Max." She said growling angrily. 

Scorch and Leo just stared at her for a bit and then started to laugh menacingly. The two of them once again trained their weapons on her. 

Scorch: "I was hoping you would say that. Now I will just kill you and get both the information and that human." He said happily. 

Leo: "Yeah so just be a good little welp and die." 

Stella had to think of something fast otherwise they would kill her and Max. She carefully watched them as they aimed their guns at her. Both aliens started to pull the triggers of their weapons and they held wicked smiles on their faces.