Kangaroo and her human (part 4)

No one's POV

The battle of Nashville had finally come to a halt. The aliens started to set up a small base camp. So they could rest and rearm so they could continue their campaign against the humans.

However, several miles away from the city and into the forest Stella was laying down on a large patch of moss that actually provide a comfortable bed for the giant kangaroo.

She wasn't peacefully sleeping, however. Her mind was filled with the cries and screams of all the humans her people murdered.

She was whimpering and twitching constantly with even a few tears running down her face.

But what she forgot momentarily was her little pouch friend.

Max was peaceful sleeping inside her pouch feeling her soft warm fur all over his body. But he was abruptly awoken upon feeling Stella thrash around.

Max's POV

Max slowly opened his eye and was confused at first but, quickly remembered yesterday's events.

And when he felt her moving around so much and hearing her whimpering he knew right away that something was wrong.

Max: "Stella can you hear me?" He said in a worried tone.

When there came no response except for more whimpering he knew he had to do something.

Even though he felt something heavy on top of him he tried to crawl towards the pouch opening.

He carefully grabbed onto her fur and, pulled himself up towards the opening. He struggled a little bit after for what seemed like an hour or two of crawling he finally made it to the entrance.

He pulled his head through and due to it being dark he couldn't really see much.

Max: "Stella is everything alright please answer me."

Getting no response he decided to get out and see what the problem was.

Using all his strength he pulled the rest of his body out of the pouch and tried to stand up. Doing so he felt a metallic fabric on his back instead of fur.

Max: "Must be her armor." He said frustrated.

He figured his best bet would be to crawl downward instead of up. Cause he wanted to get out from under the armor the fastest so, finding the bottom of the shirt would be the best option.

It didn't take long and he soon found the tip of the armored shirt. He pushed it up and quickly crawled out from under it. When he did thou Stella thrashed a bit more and threw him off her stomach and to the ground.

He land on some moss luckily but, was still hurt a bit.

Max: "Note to self doesn't do that again." He said painfully.

Stella: "(crying) No please stop, we're murdering them. Stop please." She cried out through her tears.

Max: "Stella?" He said looking over at her.

Doing so he saw she was having a terrible nightmare.

Max: "Hang on Stella I'm coming."

He crawled over to her face and noticed the tear stains on her cheeks. She continued to whimper and he knew she wouldn't hear him. So he instead crawled over to her ears and shouted.

Max: "STELLA WAKE UP PLEASE!!!"

The kangaroo jolted awake and upon doing so quickly locked her eyes on max who stumbled backward when she woke up.