Enemy turned Friend (Part 2)

No one's POV 

Time seemed to freeze for the infiltration squad as the human lept from the trees gun trained on them and not any time for the elites to react.

Bukan and the squad leader had managed to jump back just in time as the human opened fire with his rifle sending three bursts right toward one of the two grunts that were on the left side of his tent. 

The human's rounds struck the first grunt in the head killing him instantly while the second grunt was struck right behind his head and into his neck which sent blue blood spewing out while he fell to the ground screaming in pain. 

Elite 1: "Get him!" He yelled angrily while backing up three steps and raising his plasma rifle ready to shoot the human. 

The human landed on the ground and quickly rolled backward straight into some think brush right behind him. The squad all recovered and then proceeded to quickly open fire into the brush hoping for a good hit on the human. The plasma ripped through the bushes singing the leaves and ripping off branches left and right as they straiffed the brush from several angles. 

The human on the other hand had been very lucky and found a small ditich under the brush and upon rolling into it he was able to lay down just enough to where the plasma was ripping around a few inches from his head and back. 

David: "Dang these things got a lot of rounds in them." He said while patiently for an opportunity to engage without getting hit. 

He looked through the brush and saw the elites all taking cover behind some trees with five remaining grunts walking towards him weapons trained on what they thought was his position. He tried thinking of ways to escape but figured that if he just took off into the trees hoping to outrun them that the elites would easily catch and dispatch him. He also figured that in order to survive out here he needed to grab his gear that was still inside his tent. So he decided to focus on thinking about their numbers for now and luckily before he snuck out of his tent he managed to grab two of his grenades. 

David: "Alright let's see what these things will do to them." He said while plucking one of the frag grenades from his belt and pulling the pin. 

He waited patiently as the grunts got closer and closer till they were just about ten feet in front of him. David then popped out of the brush and tossed the grenade right at the first grunt who was greatly shocked by the human's actions.

David: "Catch asshole." He said quickly while bolting away to the left and towards his gear. He also remembered the elites hiding behind the trees and tossed his remaining grenade in their direction. 

He caught the site of the elites dashing away further away trying to avoid the grenade, but the grunts not have the reflexes as their larger counterparts caught the grenade in his hands while the other three looked at what he had.

The grenade then exploded throwing blue blood and bits of the grunts in all directions which was what David hoped it did. He also heard the second grenade go off but he couldn't see if it was as effective as the first. So not wanting to waste any time David bolted into his tent grabbed his pack and sleeping bag then took off into the forest towards the mountains like a bat out of hell. 

Little did he know that the elites had managed to avoid most of the grenade's blast with only a few hits to their shields. They were quickly able to recover and Bukan and her battle master both saw the human running off 

Battlemaster: "Bukan catch him I need to check on the rest of the squad." He said sternly.

Bukan: "Yes sir." She said quickly before taking off after the human.