kangaroo and her human (Part 7)

No one's POV

Stella and Max had been walking for a bit now and were very close to reaching the cabin. They both held high hopes that once they broadcast the intel Hound uncovered the war would come to an end. 

Stella however, started to feel different around Max. She didn't know why but, every time she looked at him she found herself smiling happily. She thought it was just him being with her but, she couldn't shake the thought of it being so much more. 

But, she decided to keep this from him until they ended the war. The cabin was now coming more into view and the duo couldn't wait to end all of this. 

Stella's POV

Stella was speed walking towards the wooden building with Max on her left shoulder hanging on to the collar of her shirt for support. 

With a smile on her face, she glanced down at the human on her shoulder who was eagerly waiting for their arrival at the cabin. Getting bored of the silence Stella cleared her voice and said. 

Stella: "So Max can I ask you something." She asked hopefully. 

Max perked up and looked over towards her and said. 

Max: "Sure Stella you can ask me anything." He said with a smile. 

 Stella paused for a second trying to figure out what to say to her friend. Her heart raced a million miles and her breathing increased a bit. She started to panic internally but, eventually, she calmed down enough to where she could get her thoughts in check. 

She took a deep breath and finally managed to speak. 

Stella: "Well I was wondering, what were you going to do when we ended this war." She said curiously. 

Max was puzzled by this question. He never thought about what he would do when this war is over. His home was destroyed and his family and friends were most likely dead. He had nothing and no one to go back to so, what was he going to do.

Max: "I don't know." He said blankly. "I don't have anything to go back to so, I just will try and survive." He said sadly. 

Stella was taken back. She felt two emotions of sadness from hearing this news. She knew that many humans were going to have the same problem. But, she felt some form of happiness cause she had an idea to help her little friend. She looked at him and said. 

Stella: "What if you stayed with me." She said a bit excitedly. 

Max's eyes went wide upon hearing this. He never expected her to say something like that. He just assumed that they would go their separate ways after the war ended. He would have never considered her asking him to stay with her. 

The young soldier looked up at her with a shocked expression on his face and said.

Max: "Um forgive me for asking, but why would you do that for me?" He said both shocked and confused. 

Stella: "Well cause you are my friend and also you said your home was destroyed, so I don't want you to be homeless so you could stay with me. That way I would take care of you and we could still be together." She said with a warm smile. 

Max looked down for a bit as he thought about her offer while Stella just looked at him with anticipation of what he would say. After a second max looked up at Stella with a smile on his face and said. 

Max: "Sure Stella I would love to do that." He said happily. 

Stella was overjoyed to hear this. She reached over plucking up the human and bringing up to her face. But, before Max could do anything Stella brought him to her lips and kissed his face. Max was stunned by this as her massive lips covered his entire face, but he gave in to it by leaning in further. After a second she pulled him away and stared at him with a massive grin on his face.