05 : 𝐒𝐄𝐄𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐄𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒

Y/N's POV:

"This can't be happening."

I whispered, reading over the headlines.

"𝑱𝑬𝑶𝑵 𝑱𝑼𝑵𝑮𝑲𝑶𝑶𝑲 𝑶𝑭 𝑱𝑬𝑶𝑵 𝑪𝑶𝑹𝑷𝑶𝑹𝑨𝑻𝑰𝑶𝑵,
𝑫𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑫 𝑨𝑵𝑫 𝑻𝑯𝑬𝑵 𝑯𝑰𝑻𝑪𝑯𝑬𝑫."

I swallowed hard as I read it over and over again.

Was my marriage really on the front page? Already?!

My mind didn't even have the time to comprehend all of this, even though 'JEON Corporation' sounded familiar to me.
My eyes scanned over the picture that practically covered the entire page.

It was of Jungkook alright, one with him scowling like I had already seen a couple times since meeting him.

I was becoming nervous now , especially with his eyes on me. Both from the paper I held and with him sitting in the chair in front of me. Slowly I looked past the paper to meet his eyes.

They showed regret and apology, yet agitation.

"How did they find out?"

I asked, still not sure that was the best question to ask. It was just what came out. I felt sick to my stomach.
He didn't look away from my eyes.

"I'm not sure."

The scowl that was on the paper matched the look he held now.
He wasn't happy about this either, I knew. Yet, this was just all too much.

"That's it then!? We can't do anything to stop this?"
I pushed again.

Jungkook finally broke the eye contact and ran his hand through his messy hair.
I guess since he didn't have any work, he didn't put gel into his hair to slick it back.
I remembered seeing that the previous night. Surprisingly, I liked it more free and natural than I did with it all slicked back.

"We can't. I can't. This isn't a good time."

he told me. His voice was hard. I tried not to get angry, but a bit slipped out.

"This wasn't a good time to get married to a stranger either!"

His eyes darted right back to mine, aflame.

Oh damn.

I swallowed hard again as he rose to his feet, towering over me like a statue.

"Do you really think I want to be married to you!?
Do you really think I want my life to be judged and posted for all to see, at a moments notice!?"

his voice was dark and rough,and I wanted to shrink away, but stood my ground.

"I just got rejected by the woman I thought I loved, and was about to marry! And here I am, hitched to another woman I don't even know! Do you think that makes me feel good? Especially knowing that everyone now know, and my career will take a hit for it!?"

he ripped the paper from my hands and I took a step back in fear.

The anger he was showing was just like the anger that man showed before he threatened to kill me.
I was sensitive to loud angry voices and violence ever since. Tears pricked at my eyes and I tried to push them back.