17: 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

Footsteps continued to walk by me over and over again.

Nurses. Doctors. Aids. Other patients.

Here I was, sitting in a chair, hands holding my head with my elbows propping them.

I was hunched over with my elbows on my knees, silent. There was no word yet, and I that dark hole that had swallowed me earlier was now starting to drown me.

A sudden rushing of feet came towards me and I looked up to see the panic in Jimin's face.

"Y/N..."

he whispered, as if out of breath.

Tears gathered again in my eyes and I quickly stood and threw myself in his arms.
Those long arms quickly wrapped around me as he gently rubbed my back.

"Have you heard anything?"

he asked gently.
I sobbed in into his chest.

"No Nothing yet. Oh god, Jimin! You should have seen him when they pulled him out of that building!"

The memory flashed before my eyes, remembering him being pulled out by two men because of his size.
He was covered in soot and his jacket was off.
His shirt sleeves were gone, and his arms were charred.
He wasn't responding.

Paramedics had rushed to his side and quickly intubated him, then started to bag him so he could breathe.
They checked his heart out, throwing on a LifePak to monitor his heart rate and rhythm.

I was able to breathe myself once I saw his heart rate going

I was able to breathe myself once I saw his heart rate going. But that quickly faded once I saw that his heart rate was technically brady, or slower that normal.

His hair was a mess, his body dirty and burned.
They had quickly rolled him onto a backboard and strapped him on, then got him onto the stretcher.

I was allowed to follow behind the ambulance with the car, so the officer escorted me back and I've been here at the hospital since.

I had called Jimin and I had already been on his way to meet me.
He saw it on the news as well, but by the time he got there we had already left.

After a few I started to calm down and Jimin pulled back slightly so that he could look at me.
His eyes were ones of worry and compassion.
He must be just as scared as I am, but able to control himself better.

His hand came up and wiped my cheeks a bit.

"He should be just fine, Y/N. Jungkook's too strong to give up."

"I hope you're right."

I sniffed, wanting to break down all over again.

This was the worst day of my life, and until I actually saw Jungkook, alive, with my own two eyes, my life would be worthless.