25 : 𝐀 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐄

Jungkook's POV:

Where was she?!

I looked down at my watch once more as I stood inside the main entrance to the ballroom. The dinner party had started ten minutes ago. People were still arriving, so it really wasn't that big of a deal, but I worried. After all that had happened with me ending up in the hospital, was she truly safe by herself?
I reached into the pocket of my tux and pulled out my cell. Going back to my texts, I re-read the text she had sent me twenty minutes ago.

"I'm sorry Jungkook! Running a little behind! Be there soon!"

How long was 'soon'? Maybe I should call her. I shifted weight onto my other foot and eyed the phone some more. Maybe just a text? That wouldn't be pushing it, would it? Damn it! Maybe I was just nervous about this whole dinner. I clicked my phone screen off and tucked it back into my pants pocket.

Jimin had arrived with his date, whoever she was, about ten minutes ago and had informed me that while I was out of town earlier for a meeting, he was out caravan-ing with my wife. Yeah. That went over well. I almost punched him in the face right then, but I knew that wouldn't do me any good right now.
With the way he was saying how Y/N was looking forward to tonight, I couldn't afford to ruin it before she even got here.
I pulled back my sleeve again slightly to glance once more at my watch. Oh come on! Where was she!? It's been five more minutes...That's it, I was going to call-

"Jungkook!"

The harmonious sound of my wife's voice pulled me to look up and see her small frame and large smile coming towards me

I seriously couldn't breathe. Or think. Or... holy shit, did my heart stop beating!?

There before me, adorned in the most elegant looking, yet simple dress was the most beautiful women I had ever laid eyes on. Y/N's dress had a sweetheart neckline, coming down and fitting her breasts perfectly. The dress was silver and white, and came down to her mid thigh in the front, while the back of it came down to the back of her knees and to the ankle. It had beautiful and yet simple silver lace over the dress part, while the top was cut off and with a swirl type design. You could almost say it looked like feathers, but yet not. A belt like part of the dress hugged her ribs under her breasts and created a beautiful drape like effect to her hips.