13 : 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒

Jungkook's POV:

Shit.

I couldn't focus.

I didn't want to focus.

This was bad.

I tried to keep myself in check, to not relive that kiss over and over again, especially with me talking to the contractor and reporters, but it was of no use.

Y/N had hypnotized me by her presence.

She was hot to the touch, letting me know that she was still probably running a fever.

I don't know what came over me.
I have never given into such trivial things before when Jiyeon stood beside me, yet with Y/N there, standing tall and proud to support me after me overworking her and her coming down with some kind of illness, I felt like a real man.

A real honored man.

The strange feeling had overwhelmed me and grasped me before I knew what was happening.

When they call for me to kiss her, at first I hesitated. But then, as if it was natural to do so, I turned and pulled her against me.

Oh and how good did she feel.

Although she was small and I almost felt as if I would crush her, she felt like a perfect fit for my arms.

I was going insane!

Growling to myself internally I probably just made things harder for her, for I know that she didn't find me attractive.

I wasn't her type and would never be.

I was too large, too harsh and bold, too intimidating. My voice was too hard and deep and she was in love with Namjoon.

I shouldn't have kissed her.

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

The rest of the day flew by and everything was perfect.

Well, with the building and such.
My thoughts were another matter. I drove Y/N home and couldn't wait to drink down a beer.
Bad habit, I know, but one beer wasn't going to hurt me. When it was just us in the car, alone, there wasn't much to talk about.
Yet, I felt relieved that she did mention something to keep the tension low.

"You really did it, Jungkook. You got that building and soon it will be a grand hotel."

her voice was light and gave off how tired she was.

"It's just a hotel."

I tried saying, but couldn't help but feel even more proud now that Y/N had said so.

"No, it's going to be a gateway for Greenwood to get put on the map. Create more jobs, feed more families. It's actually a very big thing, and you should be proud. I know I am."

At first I didn't say anything, but took in her words carefully.

Honestly, I never even thought of it that way. Was I really helping out families?

To me, thiswas just a job, and I wanted to expand to make it bigger and better. But it didn't really hit me just how big of an impact it was until Y/N had mentioned it.

"You are proud of me?"

"Yes, of course."

She turned and smiled softly at me.

"I mean, you did work hard to make this happen."

"So did you." I stated.

A slight tint came across her cheeks that I saw even through the dark car as I drove. Her grey eyes looked at me for a moment before turning and looking back out the window.