36 : 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐑

My heart skipped a beat.

I had to be hearing things. There was no possible way I was hearing Jungkook's panicked voice on the other end of the phone. There was no possible way-

"Y/N!? Are you there!?"

Fresh tears instantly pooled in my eyes. There was that voice again, calling out to me. It was as if just hearing his voice, real or not, undid me. I pressed the phone closer against my ear as if that could make me feel him through the phone.

"Jungkook..." I whispered in desperation.

"Oh my god.. My bee..." I heard his voice crack.

I lost it.

An ugly sob escaped my throat. His voice made me unravel and I couldn't help but let out all my fears. He was the one I trusted with my whole heart.

"Jungkook, Don't be s-scared." I choked out.

Never had I let panic fill my body in such a way. It wasn't me, but my terrified human instincts.

"Lee, answer me... Are you hurt?"

I tried to calm myself down, but it didn't work so well. I wanted to be in his arms right now, I wanted to feel protected and safe.

"I-I'm okay. I'm not hurt." I told him through a slow sob.

"Good. I'm so glad to hear that." And his voice told the truth in that.

"Now, listen carefully to me." I nodded out of habit.

"Y/N, you need to answer me."

I swallowed hard as I was finally able to control myself and my emotions a little better.

"Yes. I'm listening." I sniffed.

I heard Jungkook sigh in relief.

"Okay, good. I know this isn't easy, trust me. But you have to listen to me so that I can get you safely back to me. Understand?"

"Yes."

"Alright. Now, we know where you are at-"

"Are you here then!?" I asked in hope.

If he knew where I was at, then he had to be here and could come and-

"No. I'm not there, as badly as I want to be."
My heart dropped.

"Lee, we aren't dealing with some random thugs. These men are dangerous, and the whole situation is bigger than you and I both. Jimin is working on a plan to get you out safely. But you have to be strong and trust Jimin to work this out. Just like I have to trust him."

I was confused. What did Jimin have to do with all of this? What was Jimin trying to do? What could he do!?

"I don't understand, but I will do as you say. I trust you."

Silence filled the phone line and I started to feel dread again.

"Jungkook?"

"My god, Y/N... I should have been there-"

I can hear the tears in his voice. I forced myself to bring back any strength I had left in me.

"Jeon Jungkook, don't you dare." I warned him.

We were both scared shitless, and we both had things to say. But some weren't meant to be for now. I already had wasted precious time with a few empty words. We needed to focus.

"I will do my best to stay strong for now, and you must do the same in return. We-"

With a sudden pull, the man before us yanked the phone away from me. My eyes went wide.