The arriving

And there they were, on their way to the boarding school. Sarah was convinced that Laura had no idea what they were in for. Sarah in fact thought the worst of it. Rafe simply excepted everything, cause he was tired of fighting everything in his life. First the divorce of his parents and then his dad, who was an alcoholic. Every weekend his dad had a new woman over for dinner. When Rafe was twelve, he used to join these dinners. It pained him, knowing that his father wasn't capable of maintaining a relationship. His mother moved to Canada when he was thirteen, and Rafe decided that he wanted to stay with his dad. He missed his mother every day, but he didn't dare to go and look for her, cause then he would miss her even more when he would leave her again. When Rafe turned fourteen he started to think for his own and came to the decision that he didn't always have to listen to his father. He became independent very quickly and moved out at sixteen. He rented an apartment for a year, and when he was seventeen he bought his first house with the money which he had saved for years and years.

''Where are you guys heading?'' Asked the cab driver. ''We are going to St. Edwards school in Oxfordshire,'' Laura said, and soon a conversation between the cab driver and Laura ensued. Sarah knew that Laura loved to talk to strangers. Sarah looked at Rafe who was sitting next to her on the left side of the car. He stared out of the window and she saw his eyes going in the same direction as the trees on the hills. Sarah loved to look at Rafe, he made her calm. He had such good energy around him. Sarah also started to look out of the window and stared at the hilly landscape as she listened to the radio. She sighed and for a split second, she closed her eyes. She felt the sunlight on her face, she saw that her eyelids became red due to the sunlight. Sarah loved the sun, she always has. the sun made everything better. Due to the sun, her skin turned gold and warm, and she could see the little hairs on her body which she couldn't see in the dark. She even believed that the sun was a sort of god, well it was her god or something she believed in. She believed in the sun, cause she could see it every day, and sometimes it touched her. It was beautiful to her that she could never touch the sun, the sun could only touch her. That's also why she called Rafe her sunshine, cause Rafe felt like the sun to her. It both made her feel happy like nothing else could.

''Guys,'' Laura said enthusiastic. ''We're almost there.'' Sarah opened her eyes and looked at Rafe who was looking at Laura. He also looked tired, just like Sarah. ''There it is,'' The cab driver said in a deep voice. ''There is your school.'' All three looked at the building. ''It's even bigger than I imagined it to be.'' Sarah said. ''That's what she said.'' Rafe said, as Sarah poked him and he started to laugh. Sarah shook her head with a smile and gazed at the building again. ''It's beautiful.'' Sarah said. ''It sure is.'' The cab driver said back. As the three of them looked outside of the window, they saw people walking with books in their hands. ''Oh god, do we have to wear school uniforms?'' Rafe asked with a disapproving look on his face. ''Oh my god yes, I completely forgot that they wear uniforms in boarding schools.'' - ''Already a good start.'' Rafe said as he sighed and leaned backwards. ''Ah guys, it isn't as bad as you think it is.'' Laura said. ''No,'' Said Rafe. ''You turn it around, it's not as good as you think it is. Do you even realize that we have to wear that almost every day, that we can't make any decision for ourselves anymore, that we have to follow every god damn school rule, and that we can never be ourselves here? It's a fucking prison.'' - ''Well Rafe, if you think like this, you are only making it harding for yourself. You just have to think of this positively.'' - ''There is no positive way Laura.'' Rafe said as he sighed even deeper and shook his head. ''You guys,'' Said the cab driver. ''Don't make such a big deal of it, I went to this school myself, and I had a great time spending here.'' ''Told you.'' Laura said with a high tone in her voice. ''Nahw Rafe,'' Sarah said. ''I don't mean to offend you, but it is not this bad as you think it is.'' 'Oh, just wait until we are three weeks from now, you'll talk differently then.'' - ''We'll see Rafe.'' Sarah said.