America

''You called the taxi right?'' Rafe asked Sarah who leaned towards a stone wall of the airport. ''Mhm, yes of course I did.'' She answered back. When Sarah looked to the left, she saw Laura sitting on the bench next to the wall Rafe was leaning on. Laura seemed a bit out of place, almost a bit upset. Without saying a word she looked at Rafe, who right after shrugged his shoulders, also not knowing what was up with Laura. Sarah's head moved back to the left and she slowly started to walk over to the bench, sat down, and looked at her face, which was still focused on the ground. ''Are you okay?'' Laura's head slowly turned to Sarah, her eyes still focused on the ground. Only after they made eye contact, Sarah noticed that her eyes were filled with tears. ''oh no, Lautje, what's wrong?'' Laura smiled through her tears. ''I guess it is just the fact that Ryle is still in England...It's hard to see you two being in love together and me having no one.'' Sarah pressed her lips together, and slowly stroked Laura's back. ''Well, he chose for it himself to stay there, so-'' - ''No,'' Laura interrupted. ''He chose not to come because Rafe and he had a rough start and he didn't want to be a burden.'' Sarah looked at Rafe while she kept stroking Laura's back. Rafe immediately rolled his eyes, raised his hands, and mouthed: ''Okay, so now it's my fault?'' Sarah didn't even answer, she simply shook her head. Just at that moment, the taxi appeared next to the sidewalk. ''Laura honey, I am so sorry. Both Rafe and I didn't know that. Come, let's get into the taxi, so we can talk about it.'' Laura looked at her and nodded. Without them knowing, the taxi driver had opened the window. ''Is everything all right?'' Sarah turned around. ''Yes sir, thank you. Everything  is all right here. My friend is just a little homesick, that's all.'' The cab driver nodded. ''Ah, you guys are not from here...I already thought I heard that from your accent, get in youngsters.'' 

-

''So where are you guys heading to?'' The cap driver asked. ''Yes, guys,'' Sarah said. ''Where are we heading to.'' - ''To Arkansas.'' Rafe quickly added after. Sarah looked at the cap driver who was looking at the rear view mirror. She saw him nodding. ''Great place to go. What are you guys planning on doing there?'' Rafe leaned backward and grabbed Sarah's hand. ''We don't quite know yet,'' He said while looking at Sarah at the same time. ''We will see what this journey brings.'' The smile on his face made Sarah smile too. ''I like that spirit.'' The cap driver said. ''I can drop you off halfway there. I don't enter other states today. So I could drop you off at Memphis if you like. That would take two hours or so.'' They all looked at each other to see if they agreed. ''Yes, that would be perfect sir.'' - ''Alright,'' He said as he entered the highway. ''Then, we are gonna do that.''

-

''Like your music sir.'' Rafe said back to the cap driver as he moved a little forward so he could see the radio. ''Hello Darling, Conway twitty.'' He answered as he put it a little louder. Rafe immediately started to vibe together with the cap driver. Sarah smiled. She always liked this part of him. Rafe was always so into parties, dancing, and music. Sarah's head turned to the side, to watch Laura. ''Are you feeling a little better now honey?'' Laura nodded. ''yes, I actually do. Especially after seeing this.'' She said as she pointed her head at Rafe and the cap driver who were still vibing together. ''We really arrived in America, lord.'' Sarah said as she shook her head and watched Rafe. 

-

''Thank you so much for the great ride sir,'' Rafe said as he leaned in the open window of the taxi driver, handing him some money at the same time. ''It was a pleasure kids. Hope to see you again. sometime.'' Rafe nodded. ''Oh and whatever you guys are going to do. Watch yourselves. America can be a strange place.'' Rafe smiled. ''We will sir. Have a good day.'' - ''Have a good time there!'' Rafe nodded as they all watched the cap driver drive away.

''So, what are we gonna do now? How are we going to drive-'' - ''Guys!'' Laura hollered. ''Come and look at this amazing car!'' When Rafe and Sarah turned their heads, they both gasped. ''Wow.'' Was all they said as they walked to the car. ''It's a 1966 thunderbird, Ford.'' Sarah rolled her eyes. ''Of course you know the name of the car.'' - ''Lucky for you I do, yes.''