A thousand words

*the next morning

There was a small shine of sunlight coming through the curtains in Sarah's bedroom. When the shine met her eyes, she opened them. Her brown eyes colored like honey and her skin looked like gold. She pushed the sheets off of her and sat straight as she rubbed her eyes. Exactly at that moment, the alarm went off. ''Jezus Christ'' Sarah said a bit startled. ''Laura you have to get up too.'' She said as she lay down again and bumped with her foot into the mattress of Laura. ''Hey you lazy ass, are you going to get up or what?'' Sarah got no response back, so she frowned and stepped out of bed. As her feet met the soft material of the floor, she turned around and faced the bed of Laura. Empty. ''This is odd.'' Sarah said to herself. She didn't think much of it, so she went to the bathroom and took a shower.

After a few minutes, she walked with a towel around herself and with a bun in her hair into the bedroom again. Sarah now walked over to the little make-up table. On the side hung a little string with there on the IPod of Laura. She searched for a song; ''Places we won't walk.'' After that she walked over to the window, which was a little steamed due to the cold, so she wiped the window clean with her hand, and through the slight blurry view, she looked outside, and as always, her eyes met the old oak tree. The slightest smile appeared on her face and she took a deep breath. It was Sunday today, so it was going to be a quite relaxed day. Sarah now looked at the places where the window was still steamed. Her warm fingers met the cold window, and she drew a little heart with it, and on the inside, she drew a letter. The letter R, from Rafe. As she drew, she thought about everything that happened last night. Her happy feeling was indescribable. She never actually thought that she and Rafe would end up in a relationship, maybe they would kiss someday, but being together was never on her mind. When she realized what she thought about the kiss, she realized that that was exactly what they did last night.

After Sarah left the night before, they kissed a few more times at the doorpost. Rafe looked happier than ever, but he never concluded that he wanted a relationship. The feeling of happiness Sarah had immediately faded. She thought that maybe it was just a one-time thing. Something that was never going to flourish into something bigger. After overthinking, Sarah removed her bad thoughts from her mind, and she took a place on the stool in front of the make-up table. She decided to make herself extra beautiful today, cause she knew that if she looked pretty, she felt happy. ten minutes after doing her make-up, she was ready to go for breakfast, but before she went away, she walked over to the big stretched mirror where she could look at herself from the bottom of her shoes and to the top of her head. She looked once again very beautiful. Paperwhite teeth, a perfect body, and a pretty face. Once her eyes met de make-up table again, she saw that the necklace she always wore was hanging on the edge of the mirror. She walked over to it and took the necklace and placed it around her neck. It was the necklace Rafe once gave to Sarah as a gift.

Sarah stood in front of the big stretched mirror again and looked at the center of the necklace. A little heart. Her fingers traced the form of it, and also the little clasp. It could be opened, and you could keep a tiny photo of someone in it. Sarah never opened the necklace, because she hadn't any photo in there. This time, she did open it, and to her surprise there now was a picture in it. Sarah was still looking at the mirror, and took a step closer so she could see what kind of photo it was. The photo was placed upside down, so she couldn't get a good view of it which made her remove the necklace to have an even closer look at it. As she looked, she saw a photo of Rafe making a heart with both his index and middle fingers. Sarah was certain that Rafe put it in last night when Sarah removed her necklace at his place when she took a shower. Sarah's happiness appeared again and a big smile was plastered on her face. She never loved someone so much as she loved him.

-

twenty minutes later, Sarah was eating breakfast with the group, well not exactly the whole group, 'cause Matheo, Rafe, and Maeve were missing. Sarah had chosen eggs with bacon today, but couldn't do more than stare at the plate and think. While Sarah was thinking, her fingers traced the form of the heart again. Laura, who was sitting diagonally opposite her was drinking from her coffee as usual. She scanned the people in the hall, but when she looked back at their own table and her eyes met Sarah, she found that Sarah looked quite odd. ''Sarah what are you thinking about?'' No response, and Sarah was still smiling at her plate. ''Sarah?!'' Laura said now a little louder. ''What's up with you?'' Sarah's thoughts got interrupted and she answered Laura. ''I am sorry, what's up dog?'' She said as she giggled. ''You act weird. Weirdly happy, and you are having eggs and bacon for dinner. You don't even like eggs. Are you okay? Did something happen?'' - ''No, no, no'' Sarah said as she smiled a little nervous. ''Ýou tell me when you're ready.'' Laura said back as she pointed her wise finger at Sarah with the same hand which was holding the cup.