05

CELESTE - September 1998

"Thank you for letting me take you out."

"It wasn't a date, Draco."

"If you say so."

Looking at him as he walks by my side, hands tucked in the pockets of his trousers, he smirks. The both of us went to grab a butterbeer. At first, I thought he would mention everything that happened in the past, but he didn't. Not once did he talk about the things he did to hurt me, but we made small talk and laughed.

It was actually nice, and it felt like I was sixteen all over again.

"I had a good time." He tells me, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

I nod, looking down at my shoes. "I did too."

"Yeah?" I hear a hint of hope in his voice. My heart shatters at the thought of him being hopeful.

I just know how bad he's trying to get me back. Blaise tells me everything. As much as it hurts to say this, I don't know if I should trust Draco again.

I look up at him and see that he's already staring at me. "I don't want to push you, Celeste." He tells me as we stop in front of the entrance of the school. "It's just that- You still mean so much to me."

Draco and I started dating in fourth year. It was a surprise to my brother and to Dean, since Draco is known to be a bully. But here's the thing; behind closed doors, Draco is soft, vulnerable and lovable. I just wished he could have shown that side of him to our classmates when we were younger.

Draco was my first kiss, first time, first love, and first heartbreak. I know that a part of me will always love him no matter what, but how are you supposed to trust someone who hurt you?

"I know." I whisper to him.

Delicately, he raises his hand to brush my cheek. His touch is familiar, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it. His eyes flicker over my face as he seems to try and memorise every detail and imperfection of it.

"I'll see you at the party?" He asks, dropping his hand and locking his blue eyes to mine.

"Yes." I smile at him. He smiles back before turning around and walks into the school, hands deeply tucked in his pockets.

"Celeste?"

I turn around and watch my brother walk towards me, brows furrowed. "Please don't tell me you're getting back with that arsehole."

I roll my eyes. "I'm not, Atlas."

Atlas raises a brow.

"I'm not!" I repeat before entering the castle. "We just went to grab a drink."

"Like a date?"

"No! Not a date." I huff, "More like two exes catching up."

I can see how Atlas is worried about me. Instead of scolding me or make an inappropriate remark, he just wraps an arm around my shoulders.

"Okay."

***

July 1997

"Where do you think you're going?"

Damn it. "Hey, Atlas."

"Where have you been?"

"Around."

"What the fuck does that mean? You've been either locked in your room or spending time at Draco's."