11

CELESTE - October 1998

Soft and warm skin is pressed underneath the palm of my hand. Small puffs of air are blown onto my hair, causing shivers to run down my spine.

It takes me a minute to control my pounding head to comprehend where I am. The sheets feel different, indicating me I am not in my bed.

My heartbeat increases when I realise I'm in someone else's bed, lying down on their bare torso, our legs tangled.

What the hell happened last night?

My heart stops when my eyes snap open. My cheek is pressed to a warm and chiseled chest as one of my hands is resting on the man's lower stomach.

I can feel his right hand holding the small of my back as his other one is resting next to mine on his stomach.

My stomach drops. My eyes land on his covered rings hand. I know the ring on his middle finger.

A large but simple silver ring with the letter N engraved on it. Nott.

Fuck.

My head's pounding, my eyes are burning and my heart is beating so fast that Theo can probably feel it.

I already know the answer, but I can't help but look down at my body underneath the covers. Nothing. I'm wearing nothing.

No. No. No.

I sit up, leaning my face in my hands as I try to rub the tiredness out of my eyes.

I hear shuffling next to me, and I don't dare look to my left.

"Fuck." I hear Theo rasp out.

This can't be happening. I must be dreaming.

"Oh my fucking God." I hear him mumble with a groggy and tired voice. "Celeste?"

"Don't fucking talk to me."

There's a moment of silence as I feel him move around in the bed, probably looking around the room.

"Why the fuck are you in my bed? And naked? Not that I'm complaining but-"

I look at him and my breath hitches in my throat. He's laid back down on his pillow, hair all tousled, eyes still sleepy but worried.

His bare chest is on display, silver chain standing out. When my eyes land on small purple hues all over his neck and collarbones, I audibly gasp.

"Theo." I whisper, my eyes looking back up into his. "Tell me we didn't."

"I think we did, Cel." He says, propping himself up on his elbows, eyebrows raised.

"You think? You don't fucking remember?" I ask him, pinching the bridge of my nose. I try to breathe and focus on last night's events but my mind is too clouded.

"No I don't fucking remember. And it looks like you don't either." He snaps back, falling back on his pillow before groaning. "My head is killing me."

"Fuck." I mutter, holding his sheets to my bare chest as I look around the room to find my clothes.

I notice Draco's and Blaise's bed are untouched, which means they slept somewhere else. Thank Merlin. If Draco ever found out my naked self in his best friend's bed, he'd kill him in a heartbeat.

"Looking for this?"

Theo holds my lace panties in between his fingers, smirking at me. I scowl at him before grabbing it harshly and put it on.

"Do you realise what we've done, Nott?" I snap at him, grabbing a random shirt from the floor to pull it over my body.

It's Theo's. It smells like him: a minty scent mixed with chocolate and coffee.