24

THEODORE - June 1999

It's done.

With the rays of sunshine radiating brightly in the clear blue sky, the birds fly high, spreading their wings and ready to take on their freedom.

In less than an hour, we will all turn into birds as our diplomas will finally be given to us.

Sitting in small boats on the Black Lake, all seventh year students are floating on the water for the last time ever.

"I'll miss this place." Pansy sighs from my side. Her head is leaned onto my shoulder as we stare at the distant castle.

There's nothing like the Hogwarts grounds. The prettiest sunset, the highest view from a mountain or a tropical beach could never equal the beauty of our school.

And I know I will miss it here.

"I won't." Draco scoffs lightly. Leaning back on his elbows and legs extended in front of him, his head is thrown back as he lets the sun hit his face.

"I'm sure you will." Blaise taunts him with a mocking smile, nudging his feet with his own as he sits across from him.

He opens his eyes and peers at Blaise, "The assignments, the finals, the uniforms—" He tugs on his green tie to loosen it around his neck, "The rules, the teachers? I don't think so, Zabini."

"What about all the memories we've made?" Celeste asks softly.

My head turns to take a look at her. Her brown hair has turned into a golden shade with the rays hitting her frame, her cheeks are rosy and her lips are curved up into a smile.

She continues, her eyes fixated on Draco, "I mean, not the ones we've made, you and I, but the memorable moments from the parties, the sneaking around after curfew, the adventures whilst exploring the forbidden grounds."

All of our lips turn up into genuine smiles as we reminisce the fun days before everything fell apart.

Draco lets out a small chuckle, and rakes a hand through his blond hair, "Maybe I'll miss that."

Blaise claps in his hands and sits up straighter in a nippy movement, making the boat sway, "Salazar!" He exclaims excitingly, "Do you guys remember in fourth year when Draco got turned into a—"

"Don't finish that sentence, Blaise." Draco seethes, sitting up straightly, and aims his pointer finger at Blaise's chest. Despite his threat, his eyes glint with amusement.

"Or what? Are you going to push me into the water?" Blaise shrugs, "Nothing you haven't done before."

A small chuckle leaves my mouth, "Be careful, Blaise. I wouldn't test Malfoy right now."

Draco nudges his chin towards me but his eyes are still locked to Blaise's, "Listen to Theodore."

As the two keep on bickering, I shift my head to the side to look at Celeste again.

Her fingers fiddle with the bracelet adorning her small wrist. She lets out a small scream before bursting out in laughter when Draco leaps onto Blaise, grabbing his collar and pretending to fight  him.

Her hand comes to grip my thigh as the boat sways again. Pansy's head is still on my shoulder as she stares blankly at the scene, occasionally chuckling when Draco throws fake punches at Blaise.

"You okay?" I ask Celeste, gripping her chin in between my thumb and pointer finger.

She smiles at me and I find myself replicating her actions instantly, "More than okay. You?"