06

THEODORE - September 1998

My head is spinning, but at the same time everything feels slow around me. The bass of the music vibrates through the room. I can see people dancing and snogging. I can hear laughter, and many, many voices around me. But my mind is only focused on one voice - hers.

Celeste is standing right in front of me, talking to Dean who managed to sneak into our common room. He's leaning a shoulder against the wall, his eyes roaming around the room. Celeste is sitting on the edge of a table, holding a cup of fire whiskey in one hand and the other one toying with her bottom lip.

Her hair is gathered on one shoulder. She's wearing a black tank top, what they call "mom jeans" and her iconic converses. She's laughing and smiling, and it warms my heart. But I know it's the alcohol and muggle weed making her act this way.

"It's rude to stare, you know?"

My eyes automatically roll as Blaise sits next to me.

"Sod off, Zabini." I mumble under my breath before bringing the blunt to my mouth. Well, Celeste's blunt. But she handed it to me as soon as Dean entered the room.

"Oh, come on." Blaise chuckles and nudges my arm, "I'm only teasing you."

My jaw clenches, "Why are you here?"

Blaise scoffs, "You're asking me why I'm at this party where everyone is, getting drunk and having fun?"

"Why are you here bothering me when you can be somewhere else?"

"Merlin's beard, Nott. You're a bitch when you're high." Blaise gets up and pats my shoulder, "Well, talk to me when you're done being a drama queen."

"Fuck you-"

"Hi, Blaise." I hear Celeste say as she sits down next to me. Her shoulder presses to mine and she snatches the end of the blunt from my fingers.

"Hi, Cel." Blaise smiles at her, then at me before winking. "Bye, Cel."

I watch Blaise disappear in the crowded room and I huff. I hear Celeste chuckle next to me, and it feels like I'm in a good mood again.

"Weird." She mumbles before throwing the end of the spliff in her cup to put it out.

When she looks up at me, a small smile appears on her face. Suddenly, I have flashbacks of our sixth year. We used to party all the time. Get drunk and high, play stupid games. At that time, we were all so happy. Everything seemed to be okay until we learned about Malfoy's task.

"Let's get out of here." I tell Celeste, passing a hand through my curls.

Her eyes follow my movements before locking them to my green ones. Her stare is curious, amused, almost filled with joy. Almost.

The things I'd do to have her eyes sparkle with happiness again.

"Where?"

"Anywhere." I shrug, "Wherever you want."

"Out of this goddamn school?"

I cock an eyebrow, "Do you want to?"

"Yeah."

"Then, let's get out of here."

We stare into each other's eyes and it takes a few seconds before we burst out in laughter.

"God, I wish." She whispers, audible enough for me to hear through the loud music. She leans her head against the wall and closes her eyes.

My eyes linger on the curve of her nose, down to her lips. Plump and pink, looking as soft as velvet.