13

CELESTE - November 1998

"What's all of this fuss about?"

There's a crowd in the entrance of the castle gathered around a pillar. I guess there's some announcement hung on it. Girls are giggling, boys are whispering.

"The Professors are throwing a ball." I hear a voice say next to me.

I turn my head and lock my eyes to Astoria who sends me a small smile.

I arche an eyebrow, "A ball? Seriously?"

I push past younger girls to stand in front of the piece of parchment as Astoria follows me.

THE WINTER BALL

Hogwarts students,

To celebrate the end of the first semester, you are all invited to the Winter Ball.

When? Saturday the 17th of December. From 8 p.m to 11 p.m

Where? The Great Hall

Formal attire mandatory.

"That's stupid." I mumble, my eyes still glued to the paper. "As if a Ball would fix everything."

"Maybe it will." Astoria says next to me.

We glance at each other before walking away from the crowd. "I wanted to ask you something." She says, looking at me as her hands clutch her books to her chest.

My hand grips the strap of my bag hung on my shoulder, "Go ahead."

"Are you and Draco still seeing each other?" She blurts out. Her eyes widen before clasping her hand to her mouth. "Shit." She chuckles, "That was supposed to be the second question. I originally wanted to know if you wanted to go to Hogsmeade with me this weekend."

Astoria's cheeks are flushed with embarrassment, but I can't help but think she looks absolutely adorable with those big green eyes and pink cheeks.

Draco and I haven't really spoken to each other since the day we made out in my dorm. That was exactly a month ago. I see him glance at me in class or during dinner. We exchange a few words now and then, but we haven't really had a proper conversation.

He's tried once or twice to be alone with me with one thing on his mind, but I can't sleep with him. Not anymore. I guess there was a time where I was opened to simply hooking up with him, but ever since Theodore... I can't.

I'm not mad at him for having a thing with Astoria. I can't blame him, because I keep pushing him away. I'm just mad at myself for hiding the fact that I have slept with Theo, his best friend.

Theo. Theo. Theo.

What is it about him that makes my heart beat fast just by the thought of him? How is he able to send multiple jolts of electricity through my body with one single touch? Why can't I stop thinking about him?

I still have no recollection of our night and I wish I did. He does, and whenever he speaks about it, all I want is for him to show me what we did.

We were so close to kissing - and probably more - two weeks ago. I was so close to give in and finally let myself fall into his arms. But I guess the universe had other plans for us.