15

early update for reaching 2k reads ahhhh thank you guys!
this one is a special one *smirk emoji*
happy reading <3

CELESTE - December 1998/January 1999

They say that if you hesitate between two people, you should choose the second one. If you truly loved the first one, you would have never caught feelings for the other person.

Love is a funny thing, right? One second you're in your other's half arms, feeling safe as they whisper sweet nothings in your ear. The next second, they just disappear without any explanation, leaving you with a shattered heart.

Why say you love someone to hurt them in the end?

I never really understood why Draco left me. When everything fell apart between the both of us, I was heartbroken. He knew that, and I think he was hurt too. I mean, he had to be hurt, one way or another. Three years of dating don't go into oblivion just like that.

I don't think I can ever be capable of opening my heart to someone again. My heart is only starting to heal but how long will it take until I can finally let someone in?

But then, there's this brunet with green eyes. Green with a hint of blue and yellow hues; that's the exact colour of his big eyes. Athletic figure, chiseled arms, toned chest. Tall - very tall, messy and curly hair, a smile to die for with dimples showing every time his lips curve up.

I can't stop thinking about Theodore.

Whatever we have, it's not love, right?

It's just two young adults fooling around, playing games and sleeping together.

But why can't I stop thinking about him?

Theo and I have always been friends, and nothing more. We weren't even that close until I got the Dark Mark. But he was always there to make me feel safe, to comfort me on the worst days, to catch me when I was feeling vulnerable.

Should we keep pretending to be friends when the both of us know better it's more than that?

I am scared. I am terrified to let Theo in. Feeling my heart get broken was one time too many. I cannot let this happen again.

February 1998

"Miss Williams, Mister Nott, Mister Zabini. In my office. Now."

The three of us exchange confused glances before following Professor Carrow into her office. Her twin brother is also there, sitting on the edge of her desk as he glares at us.

"You wanted to see us?" Blaise asks, locking his hands behind his back. I stand between the two boys, eyeing both Professors.

"Is this about the DADA assignment?" Theo demands, his shoulder brushing against mine. "Sorry we couldn't turn it in this morning, but we've been so-"

"This isn't about school." Alecto snaps, crossing her arms over her chest. "We are checking in on your task."

Our task. The one where I was supposed to ask Atlas and Dean about Potter's whereabouts. The one where I had to be the spy and betray my friends once again. The task we all neglected.

"There are no news, Professor." I say clearly.

"You lying little girl." Amycus seethes through his teeth, standing up. "It's been months and you haven't been able to give us one single piece of information."