Chapter #1

Chapter One

Felix rolled his eyes as he looked over his new home. Paris.

The city of love, light and pastries.

"Felix, isn't it beautiful?" Amalie gushed.

"It's decent. There's pigeons everywhere." he said.

"Felix, every city has pigeons. Stop being so negative. OMG! Is that a bakery?"
"Mom. Uncle has already prepared a meal for us."

But Amalie had already run into the shop. Felix walked behind her but stopped when she walked in.

He just peered through the window.

Amalie was chatting with the owners. A large man wearing a lopsided chef hat and a blue shirt under it. A petite woman was next to him. She was wearing a white shirt with a red and yellow design on it.

Then a teenage girl came downstairs. She had blue hair which she wore in a high ponytail. She had gold hoop earrings and a red turtleneck which she paired with high-waisted black jeans which exposed a bit of her midriff.

Amalie turned to her and said something. The girl responded with a nod. Then the man began speaking passionately about something relating to her.

Amalie laughed and then gestured to the window to Felix. The girl stared at Felix before turning back to Amalie.

They shook hands and the girl walked over to the oven and handed Amalie a tray of round colored mounds. Amalie took it gratefully and left without paying.

Felix was still staring at the window when Amalie came back.

She handed the tray to Felix and took out her cell phone.

"Hello? Taxi service please?" she asked. The person on the line must've said something rude because Amalie's nose wrinkled.

"I know it's busy right now. But would you prefer I speak to the mayor and have you fired?"

Felix assumed the person on the phone had made fun of her for knowing the mayor because Amalie sucked in her breath. "Well. Andre and I are friends.......you don't believe me? Well we'll see how much you believe me when he comes to your office with an eviction notice."

Amalie seemed satisfied with the response and she hung up.

"Felix, if you want something done." Amalie said absentmindedly, "Don't take 'no' for an answer."

"Yeah, I know," he muttered.

A few short minutes later, a taxi pulled up in front of them.

Amalie sat in the back seat next to Felix. They both turned to look out the window. The city was beautiful, not that Felix would ever admit it.

Amalie took a macaroon from the tray that Felix had. She began chewing it.

"No eating!" the driver barked, "You'll mess up the seats with all those pesky crumbs."

Amalie rolled her eyes and covered the macaroons in plastic wrap.

Then she turned to Felix, "Felix, I have some great news!"

Felix shrugged, "What?"

"The girl at the bakery goes to your new school!" Amalie exclaimed.

"And?" Felix snapped.

"She's volunteered to help you out for the first few weeks, and she's friends with Adrien!"

The driver turned around, "Do you mean Adrien Agreste?"

"Yes. I do." Amalie said bitterly.

"Could we get an autograph? My son is a fan of his," the driver asked, his mood instantly changing.

Felix glared at the driver and told him in a cross voice, "Could you just get us to our location?"

The driver turned around, shoulders slumped and drove toward the Agreste Mansion.

"Woah! Is this the Agreste Mansion?" he said wide-eyed.

Amalie just dropped the money on her seat and dragged Felix out of the car. Once the driver was gone, she fixed her makeup and knocked on the door.

A large man, who Felix assumed was the bodyguard, opened the door. He grunted and Gabriel came downstairs.

"Adrien." he said with an emotionless voice, "Come down."

Adrien rushed downstairs and stopped at his fathers side.

"Hi Felix." he said with a grin.

"Hello Gabriel!" Amalie said, kissing him on the cheek, she leaned down and did the same to Adrien.

"Terribly sorry we came on such short notice." she apologized.

"It's fine." he said sternly, "Nathalie will prepare a room for you, Adrien, you'll be sharing with Felix."

Felix followed Adrien up to his room. Adrien opened the door for him and closed it behind them.

"Hey Felix." Adrien said cheerfully.

"Hey cousin." he responded coldly, "I see you're still a copy of your father."

"I'm nothing like him." Adrien said in shock, then he changed the subject, "I heard you're coming to my school."

"Yeah, I am."

"I could help you out, make you some friends, all that." he suggested.

"No thanks. I already have everything I need." Felix declined.

"Really? Well, I'll help you set up anyway." Adrien said, Felix assured him that it was OK and Adrien left him alone.

Felix took his suitcase out making sure to take Adrien's spare outfit from his closet.

He put everything into the closet that Adrien had provided and took out his phone. He began texting his girlfriend.

She was [as usual] begging for his money. Felix didn't like her, he just kept her around to not look like a complete loser at the dances and parties. He was certain she didn't like him either and that she was using him for his money and ability to get into exclusive events. Felix didn't consider her beautiful. But she wasn't ugly, she had a tendency to stretch the truth a lot, even more than Felix himself. It never got her in trouble because she was that good. She treated Felix like trash except for when they were in public.

Now that Felix wasn't in London anymore, he didn't really need her. He wasn't going to break up with her immediately, he was going to take it slow and give her the millions she 'needed'. He did care for her a bit, and he knew that she cared for him. It was just difficult to know. She came to his dad's funeral, dressed in a pale gray mini-skirt with a shirt tight enough to cut off the blood circulation to her legs for a bit.

But she still came, and she didn't beg for money while he was in mourning.

"Felix? You done?"

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, any guesses on who the GF is? So just so u know, every chapter [minus this one] will have a song on top relating to the events in the chapter, I just couldn't find one for this chapter. 

xx

Luklovely

~ 1050 words ~

edit - 4000 READS OMG