Chapter #6

When Chloe admitted that she'd known for weeks, it felt like a punch in the stomach.

Tears filled her eyes.

"Marinette, you okay?" she asked upon seeing the tears.

"I'm fine," she lied, wiping her eyes. "He didn't have to tell me, it's his decision,"

"Marinette, it's—"

"Chloe?" someone shouted. It was Luka.

"Chloe, you can go," Marinette said, "I'll be fine,"

Chloe shook her head, "Marinette, if you need anything. Just call me, Alya, anyone."

She walked slowly toward Luka.

Marinette was walking by herself. She didn't walk toward the classroom, instead she walked into the washroom and called her mom.

"Hello, this is Sabine Cheng. I'm not around my phone right now. Please leave a message after the tone,"

Marinette sighed, her mom was on a date with her dad.

She sat there, she felt like she should cry but the tears didn't come.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

Felix sat in his seat. He was looking for Marinette. He still wasn't sure why he was so affected by the bluenette.

"Looking for Marinette?" a voice asked, interrupting his thoughts. It was Alya. "She's just taking a break right now, it's difficult hearing that Adrien lied to her,"

"I didn't lie to her," Adrien cut in.

"Adrien, you knew about this trip from last month. Why didn't you tell us?" Alya demanded with a glare.

Adrien sighed, "I didn't know it would hurt her that much, where is she anyway?"

"She's by herself, crying." Alya said blankly. "You're the last person she wants to see,"

"I wanted to say goodbye to her. There was a mistake with the schedule. We're leaving in half an hour."

His phone rang, "Nathalie?.......now? Okay, I'm coming," he hung up.

"I'm leaving now," he announced to the class. Everyone sent him their wishes for safe travel.

"Tell Marinette I said 'bye', okay?" he turned and said to Alya.

He ran out of the classroom to the car.

"Unbelievable," Alya muttered.

Sorry, this chapter was shorter than usual. I chose the song "Break Free" because Marinette is slowly breaking free from Adrien and everything in his life being related to her. If that makes sense, like she knows all about him, yet he doesn't know much about her so she's breaking free from knowing everything about him and stalking his every move.