Chapter #12

"Felix, it's time for breakfast!" Nathalie said blandly.

Felix got up out of his bed, making sure that his bear was safely concealed underneath his pillow.

"Coming Nathalie," he replied cheerfully.

"Why so cheerful today?" she added, with more personality in her voice.

He lifted his head up, "Huh? No reason, it's just a normal day for me."

If she'd been anyone else, she would have rolled her eyes, but instead, she closed the door behind her.

Felix got ready in about 30 seconds and quickly ran toward his room door. He slowed down when he opened it to avoid rousing suspicion.

He ate the dry cornflakes, before remembering that he needed to add milk.

He reached for the milk, and was pouring it into his bowl, when Nathalie said, "Felix, Mr. Agreste would like to speak to you."

He nearly spilled it. He did not want to have another conversation with his uncle about Marinette.

He shovelled the cereal into his mouth as fast as he could. Mr. Agreste walked into the room, immediately as Felix was putting the dish into the sink.

"Felix. Remember what we spoke about." was all he said. Felix rolled his eyes and ignored his uncle as he left the house.

He started walking down the sidewalk. Then he remembered that he'd forgotten his phone. He quickly dug through his bag to try and look for it.

"Hey, Adrien!" a cheerful voice exclaimed. Felix flinched and nearly dropped his bag.

"Oh, it's you," a less cheerful voice said. Felix looked up and saw Marinette.

He almost rolled his eyes, but then remembered that it was Marinette and that he should make a good impression on her.

"Yeah, it's uh me," he said with a shrug.

She quickly made sure no one was around, then flung her arms around him, "Felix, I'm so glad you're here! After what Alya told me, I had no idea if I'd see you again!"

He patted her on the back awkwardly, "What did Alya tell you?"

She quickly backed away from him, "Well, you know.." she said, twisting her hands together.

"Ohhhh," he said, not getting what she meant, "Well, I'm fine,"

She opened her mouth to say something, but then closed it.

"Anyways, sorry about calling you, Adrien. It just slipped out," she said with a fake smile.

He nodded, "Yeah, I know."

They walked a bit more in silence. It wasn't awkward or anything, Felix just wished they could be joking around like she and him had done before. As they neared the school, Felix silently hoped that Alya wouldn't be waiting behind the pillar.

They arrived, and thankfully she wasn't there. Felix let out a sigh of relief, before realizing that Alya wasn't there because he was late.
"Shoot, we're late," Felix said. He noticed Marinette had a panicked expression on her face.

She mumbled something that sounded like, "I'm so red,"

"Huh?" he asked, not hearing her correctly.

She lifted her head, "Ms. Bustier said that if I'm late one more time this year, she'll take away all my privileges. She'll even call my parents and let them know. And who knows what will happen then,"

A small tear slid down her face.

"Uh, it'll be fine," he said, patting her shoulder once again.

"Gee thanks Felix," she muttered sarcastically.

Felix sniffed disapprovingly, "Well what do you want me to say?"

Marinette turned to face Felix. "Don't be so stereotypical. I know it won't be fine. You might as well tell me the truth!"

Felix drew back, as if he'd been slapped in the face, "The truth?" he said, with a false laugh, "You want the truth?"

Marinette crossed her arms, "The truth is, you'll probably get in trouble. The truth is you don't have a chance with. Adrien, you'll never have a chance with anyone because you're always pushing everyone away for him. The truth is I like you!"

Marinette gasped

Sorry, this chapter was really short, but I promise I'll update soon. Have an amazing day / night.

~ luklovely