Chapter #3

The last thing Felix remembered was falling asleep. He was in a long dream. He felt hands shaking him awake. He opened one eye and instantly closed it.

"Felix get up! School starts in a bit!" a voice said. It took Felix a while to register who it was.

Finally, his eyes adjusted to the light. He saw his cousin fully dressed.

"Adrien, it's like 5AM," he complained. "Just give me a minute."

"Felix, we can't be late!"

"Why not?" he mumbled sleepily, "Just pay for your report card to be-"

He fell asleep mid-sentence.

Adrien snatched the blanket off, revealing Felix curled up in a ball with a teddy bear which looked similar to Chloe's Mr. Cuddly, only it was brown.

Felix reddened and tried to grab it back.

"Felix! Is that your old teddy bear? I didn't know you still had it." Adrien asked, confused.

"Cousin. Could you leave the room for a second?" he asked through gritted teeth.

"Sure! Take your time." Adrien said, "I'll go get the breakfast delivery,"

Adrien closed the door softly. Felix got up and shoved his bear under his pillow. He made his bed and got dressed. He went into the washroom and washed up.

Then he went outside and saw Adrien talking to the bakery girl. She had her hair in a messy bun and was wearing white tye-dyed shirt and black jeans.

She's going to tell him about the bakery event yesterday! Adrien will never let me hear the end of that.

Felix ran to the door, "Adrien, I'll get the groceries. You can go and fix your hair. It's messy," he said, ignoring her.

"Um okay Felix," Adrien said, "Marinette, this is my cousin Felix,"

Marinette nodded, "Hey, I'm Marinette,"

"I know," he said irritably. He was already annoyed with Adrien that morning, seeing her wasn't helping. It only reminded him of her laughing at him which had lowered his self-esteem significantly.

"Well, I'm just here to drop off the pastries. Plus, Adrien asked me out- I mean out on a walk. For school. Not like a date."

"Of course you're not dating him," Felix snapped. For some reason, the idea of Marinette dating his cousin added to his anger.

"Are you okay?" she asked sincerely.

"I'm fine. Give me the pastries."

She handed him the pastries. Their hands touched and Felix swore he felt something. Her hands were shaking, so she accidentally dropped a small croissant.

Felix glared at the croissant and snactched the box from her.

She began apologizing profusely.

"It's fine. Just don't be so clumsy next time," he said, brushing it off.

"Well, I'll just wait outside," she squeaked.

Felix was annoyed with her, but as soon as he saw the rainclouds behind her, he knew he wasn't going to let her stay outside.

"Fine, come inside," he muttered.

"Thanks!" she said gleefully. She skipped off to the table. Felix struggled to keep up.

He arrived at the table. It was filled with enough food to feed a whole town!
Omelets, Fried Eggs, Pancakes, Waffles, Croissants, Cinnamon Buns, French Toast, Bagels and Fresh Fruit.