Chapter #19

Lila grinned as she texted Marinette. She was really naive. Lila was pretty sure her name was Marinette because of the word Marionette meaning "puppet". She was basically Lila's puppet anyway.

lila ~ hey

marionette ~hey :) i'm so glad we're friends the others don't understand me

lila ~ yeah, has chloe apologized yet?

marionette ~ no, wait hold on she's texting me now

lila ~ what did she say?

marionette ~ she said that she wants to talk to me

lila ~ don't do it!

marionette ~ why not? Maybe she's apologizing!
lila ~ she's going to HUMILIATE you like she did before!

marionette ~ I still think I should...

lila ~ fine. But if she does anything, I will beat her up

marionette ~ thanks..but no thanks. She doesn't deserve that :)

lila ~ okay...what if it's a trap?

marionette ~ wdym? How would it be a trap?

lila ~ nvm, have fun girlie!

Lila shut off her phone, ignoring the hundreds of texts Marinette was sending her.

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

"She said yes!" Chloe exclaimed, the next day. She, Alya and Luka were crouched behind Chloe's phone. Nino was keeping Felix company, and Marinette and Lila were talking.

"That's amazing! Felix agreed to come to your house as well," Luka added.

"Okay, I have the perfect plan!" Alya declared.

~ time skip brought to you by wayhems hair dye ~

Chloe glanced at the time. 5:00, Marinette should have arrived half an hour ago. Felix was supposed to arrive at 5:20.

At 5:10 beads of sweat appeared on her forehead. But at 5:15 Marinette opened the door.

"Lila was trying to convince me not to go," she said.

"Cool. By the way, I'm really sorry about what happened at your house. We were being really insensitive," she said with a fake smile.

Marinette hugged Chloe, "I'm sorry about what I said about your dad, I didn't mean it. And I'm not upset about Felix anymore. It was really just a misunderstanding. I just feel so bad about it,"

"I know," she said. It was 5:19, Felix was probably getting into the elevator now.

"I need to use the washroom, be right back," she lied. She rushed into the washroom, just as the door opened.

"Chloe?" Felix asked.

Marinette screamed, "What are you doing here?"

"Marinette? Why are you here?" Felix sputtered.

The door locked, thanks to Adrien who'd been taking a walk around the hotel.

"Did you hear that?" she asked.

"Duh. Where's Chloe? She invited us here anyway," he snapped.

Chloe left her bathroom through the door that led to her balcony. She ducked behind a couch.

"Oh my god, I'm so stupid, of course, it was a trap!" Marinette complained, "She's never invited me here!"

"You're not wrong," Felix said bitterly, "I saw through it immediately."

"Then why did you even come here?" she demanded.

"I- uh wanted to apologize—" he stammered.

"Why?" she wanted to know, "You already apologized a billion times,"

"And I wanted to explain myself. You see—" [not the dhar mann reference]

"I already know exactly what happened Felix," she said in a tired voice, "I guess I could forgive you,"

"You don't know the whole story, I knew that after seeing Adrien and Kagami you thought for sure there wouldn't be a possibility that you and him would be together. I didn't know that would hurt you more," he said quietly.

"Felix," Marinette said softly.

"I knew that I should stop, it was only meant to boost your confidence, but I didn't. I didn't stop because I liked you. I really do,"

Chloe peeked from behind the couch just in time to see Marinette and Felix sharing a kiss. Felix's cheeks were flaming red.

She called Alya, "Alya, it worked!"

"YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" Alya shrieked.

Chloe had to pull the phone away from her ear, and nearly died when she realized it was on speaker.

Marinette opened the balcony door with pink cheeks, "Chloe! What the heck!"

Felix joined her, "Were you recording us?"

"Wait— did you forget to record them?" Alya asked.

Chloe cringed, "Alya, you're on speaker,"

"Oh. Hey Felix! Glad to see that you and Mari are finally together," Alya said, "How was the kiss?"

"Alya, what kind of question is that?" Marinette asked.

"It's only for research purposes," Alya lied.

finale + deleted scenes coming soon

there's not actually a reason why i chose this song, i just like it :)