Chapter #13

Marinette gasped. Felix immediately covered his mouth, along with his fiery blush.

"Felix, I had no idea you felt that way," she said quietly.

Felix bit his lip, "What I meant to say was that-"

Marinette shot him an encouraging smile.

Felix blushed harder, "That-"

"Are you okay Felix?" she asked, touching his shoulder in concern.

Felix flinched, "I'm f-fine," he stammered, avoiding eye contact.

"That's good. Now, could you go and let Ms. Bustier know that I'm late. You don't have to lie for me. I'll take whatever consequences there are," she said shyly.

Felix nodded, and as soon as her back was turned, sprinted up the green stairs.

He didn't slow his pace until he reached the door of the classroom. He knocked on the door, trying to get the remaining blush out of his cheeks.

He knocked on the door softly, hoping that someone other than Alya would open the door.

He was beginning to cross his fingers when Chloe opened the door.

"Hey Felix, do you know where Mari is?" she said quietly.

Felix flushed, "She's uh she's coming,"

Chloe nodded, "She's probably not. She's upset because it's her 10th time being late this month,"

"Yeah, I know," he muttered.

"What happened between you two? Your face is bright red!" she whispered.

Felix unsuccessfully tried to turn away from Chloe, turned with him.

"Felix! I thought we were friends!" she complained. "I won't tell anyone!"

Felix sighed, "I'm not telling you anything."

Chloe pouted, "Felixxxx,"

"No! You never told me about you and that boy," he hissed.

Chloe blinked, "That's different. Marinette is my friend, you barely know Luka,"

Felix rolled his eyes, "Fine. but you better not tell anyone,"

It seemed they were the only people in the room after he said that. All he could hear was the sound of her breathing.

"Well," she said, "Go ahead."

"I think I might actually—"

Marinette walked into the room with a pale face, interrupting him.

Felix and Chloe quickly joined her.

Ms. Bustier glanced at her watch, then turned to Marinette with a glare. "This is your 10th time this month."

Marinette nodded, "I know Ms. Bustier, it's—"

Felix stepped forward, "Sorry about that Ms. Bustier. I made her late."

Marinette almost gasped, but a look from Felix told her to stay silent.

Ms. Bustier narrowed her eyes, "Is this true Marinette?"

Marinette nodded quickly, "Y-yes,"

She turned to Felix. "Yeah, we were walking to school but I realized that I'd forgotten my uh water bottle. So we turned back,"

Ms. Bustier told them to sit back down. As soon as Felix sat down, Chloe tapped his shoulder.

"So, are you going to tell me now?" she whispered.

Felix shook his head, "No. I'm not telling you! She's right there!" he hissed.

Chloe smirked, "So you do like her.."

Felix reddened, "Even if I did, it's not like she likes me, or at least, not the real me," he muttered the last part.

idk how long this book is going to be