Chapter #2

When Adrien was in the shower, Felix quickly ruffled his hair and dressed up as him. He walked downstairs, where he found the bodyguard standing there. Keeping watch.

He rolled his eyes, as if anyone would sneak into the Agreste Mansion. There were more cameras out there than they were at a photography office, plus enough alarms to wake the dead.

He heard distant voices coming from Gabriel's office. The bodyguard was staring at him suspiciously.

"Excuse me, could you go and fetch me some lunch?" he asked the bodyguard.

He quickly ran off, happy to be doing something useful.

Felix didn't want his ear pressed up against the door in case it made a noise. His uncle was always looking around for spies.

He glanced at his phone and was disappointed to see that it was at 10%. It would be a waste of time to try and record anything. 

He was face to face with the Gorilla when he turned around. Gorilla was probably hired to intimidate people, but Felix didn't feel intimidated. The man could barely talk. He spoke using grunts.

He picked Felix up and carried him to the table, where a slice of dry bread and a piece of camembert was waiting.

How did Adrien survive on this? No wonder he had a secret stash in his room.

Felix bit into the bread and nearly broke a tooth. He excused himself and went upstairs to look for his mother.

He knocked on the guest room door to find her sitting down with a picture of her late husband. Tears were trickling down her pale cheeks.

Felix didn't want to intrude. He grabbed his second phone and pulled up a map. He decided to go for a walk. He needed the fresh air anyway. He grabbed some twenties and stuck them in his pocket.

He left the house and began walking outside. He walked past the park and saw some children playing. There was also a boy, about his age sitting down blowing bubbles.

Felix was walking past when the boy called out,

"Dude! Your old man let you out of the house?"

Felix didn't respond. He continued walking. Everyone continued staring at him strangely. They were all waving.

He opened his phone again. Someone jumped up in front of him. They had dyed blonde hair and brown eyes. They were dressed like the dollar store Adrien.

"Oh my gosh! Could I get an autograph? I'm a huge fan."

Felix pushed him away. He ducked into the first store he could find.

It was a bakery.

He saw the girl he'd seen before. She looked at him, blushed and looked away.

"Excuse me, could I get a bag of chocolate croissants?" he asked.

"Hey Adrien." she said, "I didn't know you were allowed to leave the house."

Felix finally looked down. Shoot! He was still dressed as Adrien!
"Uhh, my father let me leave the house." he lied. She was cute. This bakery girl.

"That's nice, would you like a passionfruit macaroon?" she asked, "You can get it for free."

"Really? That's my favorite." he said.

"I know- I-I mean it's a popular flavor." she stammered. Adrien's friend seemed nervous.

"Could I get a dozen macaroons. 2 of each flavor?" he asked.