3.

<< awful things - chapter three >>
- april 14th -
nyiah's point of view

- teen romance - lil peep -

"we need to move to the UK or sum shit." daddy mumbles, looking over the medical bill he got from the doctor's office. "this is ridiculous."

i didn't go to school today cause i had to get a checkup at the doctor.

last year i had to get surgery because my appendix ruptured, so every so often i have to come in to make sure i'm doing good.

anyway, me and daddy on our way to mcdonald's cause i'm hungry. i'm sitting in the front seat listening to music cause i'm tired of the old ass music he playing.

"nyiah.." he calls out but i just ignore him, swiping through my instagram feed.

just because i heard him, doesn't mean i need to respond.

"aye, nyiah." he calls again and i just keep my eyes on my phone.

that's a nice ass purse..

"cinira!" he gets loudly and i huff taking one of my airpods out my ear.

"you need to take those damn earpins out your ear if you can't hear shit!"

"they not earpins, fool. they airpods." i tell him as i take both of my airpods out my ear and put them back in the case.

"yeah, that's what i said." he nods, pulling out one twenty dollar bill and one ten dollar bill from his wallet, handing it to me. "put twenty on pump six."

i look out the window and notice we at thorntons. "can i get an ice cream?" i look back at him and he nods, sighing a lil. "go 'head, cinira."

not the huge sigh for the lil amount of money...

the ice cream cost, like, ninety seven cents. he not doing nothing special.

i manage to hide the eye roll i did and take the money, getting out the car, closing the door behind myself. "and get me one too!" he calls after me. "it's hot as hell out here." it is hot as hell out here. it's the middle of april though. it's like summer came early or sum shit.

i walk into the store and go to back to look at the ice cream they got set up.

i fill a big cup up with vanilla ice cream and put all types of stuff on it. peanuts, chocolate syrup, gummy bears, and sprinkles. i don't really even need all that stuff, i just wanna be extra.

then i get daddy a ice cream. he like chocolate so i get him a medium sized cup with nothing on it.

i look at the drink machines they got and i immediately think about aaliyah. it's hot outside and she got soccer practice today. i'mma get her a cup of ice water. not the big, clumpy, hard, ice either.

i'm talkin' the nice, refreshing, hospital ice. like, the ice you can get from sonic. fye.

sitting down the ice cream, i go to the machine and get the biggest cup i can find, filling it with the ice before filling it up with water and putting a lid on it.

i grab a straw, and get the ice cream, sitting all three of it on the counter in front of the cashier. "just this stuff," i mumble, pulling out the money. "and can i get twenty on pump.. six, i think?" i can never remember.

"that's gon be twenty-five, fifty nine." he reads, looking up at me and i hand him the money.

he gives me my change and i take it, carrying the cups out with me, handing daddy his ice cream when i get to the truck. "dang. why mine so small?" he looks at me, taking the cup from my hand.