17.

- (17) cinira *nyiah's pov
- same day as last chapter // :)

i hold my breath as both of my thumbs glide over phone screen, typing a reply. but just as i'm about to send, i pause.

don't shit make me nervous, but i'm super nervous right now. i for real can't believe she texted back.

she apologized for responding late, and the 'hi' she sent sounded cheerful as hell, like? that's so.. nice of her.

it's a huge change from chris 'cause when he text me, i get the complete opposite. he responds late all the time and he never apologizes for it. everything he send dryer than a stupid ass desert, and he never sound happy to hear from me, but it look like aaliyah is.

aaliyah happy to hear from me.

i let my eyes read the text she sent over and over again as i roll over on my back, smiling hard as hell at my phone.

jun 30th, 1:11 pm

sorry for responding late, i just saw this😭.
but hiii <3 how are you?

i read it over and over again. i know i don't have to keep on reading this simple ass message as if i'm so overly obsessed with it, but i actually do have to keep on reading this message 'cause i am obsessed with it.

aaliyah wants to know how i'm doing, and she's happy to hear from me, and even though her stupid ass replied to my message almost a week later, i'm so happy.

everything about this message makes me so happy and it's so hard to hold it in. so i won't hold it in..

the fuck i look like?

i let out a loud ass squeal smiling as i clench my hands and kick my feet out in the air. it ain't like me to do this much over a message, but nun of that matter right now. aaliyah wants to know how i'm doing.

quickly thought, i stop with my excitement as i let that thought soak in my brain. aaliyah finally tryna have a conversation with me and instead of trying to play my part in the conversation, i'm acting like a big ass kid..

real slow of me.

i sit up and grab my phone, pressing send on the message.

im good

she responds a few seconds later. chris never text this quick. he always say he 'busy' but i know he just don't care enough to answer quick enough.

a: happy to hear that <33
how's your summer been going?

ok

lol. same.
i haven't been up to anything.
well, i've work been at work
but that's a long story.

oh

lol, yeah.

??? what's so funny ?

nothing 😭.

if nothing funny why you keep
putting lols and stuff ? ? ain't shit
that funny for all that

it's literally nothing. i just thought
the conversation was a little funny.

chill out, k? i'm sorry.

.. have you eaten breakfast yet?