12.

- nyiah's (cinira) pov
- june 1st 2022 (awful things)

when school gets out at around 3:35 in the afternoon, seem like all the students in the building immediately be finding themselves piling into the 7/11 that's two blocks down from the school. and they always deep as hell.

everyone be buying out all they hot chips and filling they slurpee cups to the top, making sure that when they leave, ain't no cherry slurpee for nobody else who want one.

i ain't ever been in there. most of the time chris is - and that's mainly the reason i don't go.

that's 'cause whenever chris get around his 'friends' he act a certain way. but then again he act like that all the time, so i don't really know.

i also don't know why my stupid-ass followed fallon and kacey down here. it seem like god want me to get pissed off today 'cause chris just have to be walkin' right in front of us with his friends. and all the girls he be with been all of four of them getting a lil too touchy with him for my liking.

"chris, stink, you gonna buy me somethin', right?" raven ford asks, feeling on chris' chest. "i forgot to bring my purse,"

no, she didn't. she just a broke, trick-ass bitch.

like, how can a person be so comfortable getting so touchy with a boy who got a girlfriend?

and why would your dumbass even step out the house without a purse? i'm guessing it's easy as hell when ain't shit in there.

"yeah, ma" chris nods and i can just hear the smile on his ugly-ass, face. "i gotchu,"

chris holds open the door to the store for them and i hurry up to catch up with him, pausing in the doorway to look at him.

he turns his face up at me, sucking his teeth. "what you doin' here? i ain't tell you to follow me."

he actin' like i'm really bothering him. "i'm here with fallon and kacey."

"right," fallon mugs him as she walks in, kacey following behind her. "nobody checking' for you."

i try to follow them in but chris jumps in front of me and walks in, letting the door close on my body.

i still slip through the door regardless and walk in, going to the candy aisle to try and find something good.

after a few minutes of standing there, i end up deciding on a bigger than usual bag of reese's pieces and go to the chip aisle, grabbing a big bag of hot fries.

when i get to the register chris laughing his ass off at something some girl said as all his friends put down they snacks so he can pay for it. i strut up to him, holding the bag of hot fries up. "can you buy me this?"

chris turns his face up, glancing back at me. "you ain't got yo own money or sum?"

"you stay eatin' hot fries." chris' friend, derek, mumbles with a stupid smile. "pick something different."

"are you gonna buy it?" i ask.

he don't even need to answer 'cause i know his broke ass ain't finna pay for it. "right, i ain't think so. this my man. go find you sum to do."

raven laughs. "girl, bye. yo 'man' don't even claim you forreal."

everyone around her starts laughing and i frown a lil, looking at chris for sum type of help but he don't say shit.

i cut my eyes to fallon and she just shakes her head looking down to the floor.

wow..

my face gets hot and i really, really try and calm down but it don't work.

"okay, why you gotta be like that for?!" i spit harshly under my breath as i drop the stuff and push chris into the counter. "you think you look cool? you're stupid, a lame!"

"yeah, and you can't pay for yo own shit!" he shoves me back.

i'm a lil shocked at that 'cause usually when i hit him, he don't put his hands on me.

"ay!" the arab man from behind the counter calls out. "أنتم يا أطفال بحاجة إلى الخروج من هنا بهذا العنف. أنت تخيف العملاء!"

"yo daddy make all that money and you can't afford no hot fries?" chris scoffs. "you a whole goofy, girl. go home."

biting the inside of my cheek, i feel my vision get a lil blurry 'cause of the tears welling up in my eyes.

i wanna be mad. i wanna beat the shit out of him, and do everything i can to make him hurt, but this shit feels horrible.

people who're in a relationship with each other don't talk about each other like this.. do they?

"ok, why do you have to be an asshole?" aaliyah calls from behind me and i turn around, seeing her staring at chris.

chris licks his lips, looking her up and down. "..ay, mind yo business."

"i mean, you're being super loud and putting everyone in you guy's business. like, either buy her something or kick rocks. she didn't do anything for you to be so mean to her."

now it's quiet and i'm even more embarrassed than when everyone was laughing at me.

anyway, chris don't respond to her, he turns to the cashier. "ring this shit up." he mutters, pulling crinkled bills out his pocket. "i ain't buyin' her jack.."

the cashier does what he's told and even though chris is short almost six dollars, the man just lets him off to get them out the store.

"better find yo own way home," chris bumps me before leaving. his friends following him out the store, laughing under their breaths.

i kneel down and grab the things i dropped as fallon and kacey walk past me and out the store. "he really just sat there and embarrassed her ass, like, damn.." kacey mutters.

aaliyah holds out her hand for me to take and i take it, letting her help me up.

i pull a twenty out my purse. like, yeah, i had the money but i thought chris was better than that. i didn't think he could be so petty.

aaliyah stops me. "i'll pay."

"no, it's whatever." i shrug. "shouldn't neva' been askin' people for stuff anyway."

"i want too." she grabs my hand and i turn my face up, looking at her. "let me pay, it's fine.."

"..if you want, go 'head,"

-

"who dropped you off?" mama asks from her seat at the kitchen island when i walk into the house later on in the day. "i didn't know you had a card to be ordering ubers.."

"this girl let me catch a ride with her," i reply, not even bothering to lie as i throw my backpack to the floor.

mama hums bringing a steaming cup to her lips and taking a sip of it. "..you mean aaliyah davis?"

i meet her eyes, squinting a bit. "how you know her?"

she nods to the orange colored file on the counter. "come sit down, nyiah. we need to have a discussion."

.
.
1198 words - comment&vote!