41.

- cinira 'nyiah' brooks' pov | chapter forty-one (41)
- november 28th 2022 | lil peep - nothing to u

-

309 134 511*
imessage
nov 28, 2022 at 10:40 am

wassup pretty

who is this?

journey

the girl u met at the
party not too long ago

o

yeah so what's up

shit

u in school still?

yea

let me pick u up later

we can get something to eat

am good

word?

yea
read at 12:28 pm

-

i roll my eyes at the conversation and stuff my phone into my pocket. journey must feel some type of because i don't wanna go get something to eat with her, but i don't care.

i don't wanna be anywhere, with anyone. and her deciding to leave me on read makes me feel like she took me not wanting to get up with her, personal, and she shouldn't.

it makes her look like a sad and butt hurt girl. and i'm cinira, if i don't know shit else, i know feeling sad and butt hurt. but just because i know it, don't mean i have to care.

and i don't.

the bell rings and my teacher calls after all the students as we leave out the classroom. i don't pay any attention to what he saying. he probably just talking about assignments and when they due. me completing them ain't likely.

anyway, as i walk to get to my next class, i can't help but catch looks at everything looking so christmas spirt-y.

it's cause of ida robins.

ida robins is some tall white lady with stringy, blonde hair who wants to be mayor of this shitty ass city real bad.

like, real bad. so, for the past year, the lady been doing everything she can to make sure that when the time comes, as many people as possible check her name on that ballot list and vote for her to be the new mayor of peoria, illinois.

i was too busy with crying the day away in my room when she came to our school and presented us with one of those big ass checks.

those the checks you see people get when they win the lottery, or the checks locals rappers give to those public schools who don't got enough desks for all the kids to sit at.

i heard a teacher say that the check was for two million, two hundred thousand dollars. and walking through the hallways today, right now, i see that all principal easton doing with the 2 million dollars is wasting it on expensive ass christmas decorations. they stupid decorations, too.