23 : 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄

Jungkook's POV:

Shit. Why did my insides feel like complete chaos? Ever since Y/N called me in the middle of my meeting and hearing how distraught she was, I have been very uneasy. Something was wrong and I needed to get to her as soon as possible. I had quickly walked towards Jimin and told him to cancel the meeting that was in progress.

He didn't hesitate and I grabbed my jacket and keys and went straight to my car. I was only a few minutes drive from the hospital if I went over the speed limit, and sure as hell I did.

Was she waiting for me at the cafe? Shit. I should have asked. I parked in the street and got out fast. I looked through the window of the cafe and just had a feeling she wasn't there. If she was distraught in anyway, she would go to where she felt most comfortable. I looked towards the hospital across the street and headed there first.
I made it across safely and quickly and entered the building. As soon as I walked in I scanned the area, only to look over in the corner to where I heard sobbing.

There was Y/N, bent over and crying into her hands.
God I hated it when she cried.

I almost ran over to her and went down to one knee in front of her. I gently rested a hand on her shoulder. Y/N jumped and looked up to reveal her tear stained face with puffy eyes and red nose. Just like the night I had met her.

"What happened?" I asked, demandingly. Someone hurt her, and I was going to hurt whoever did so.

"Jungkook..." she whispered. "It h-hasn't been ten minutes..."

"I sped."

Surprisingly and confusing me greatly, she smiled at me.

But it didn't prepare me for the moment where she threw her arms around my neck and smashed her lips onto mine. The action seemed desperate but meaningful. I found myself reacting naturally and kissed her back gently. Whatever happened to this woman apparently wasn't too bad if she was now kissing me.

Slowly she pulled away but rested her forehead against my own and closed her eyes.

"Thank you for coming." she whispered softly to me.

"Anything for you, Bee."
I cleared my throat, embarrassed that I would just say something like that without thinking first.

She pulled back, but a soft smile still rested on her lovely lips at me. Her grey eyes looked my face over for a moment then looked down towards her hands.

"Sorry, I'm a hot mess right now."

Okay, now I wanted to think before I spoke, and didn't want to say anything too cheesy, but I couldn't help myself with the state she was in right now.

"You look beautiful."

Her body froze and her grey eyes found my brown ones once again. A single tear fell from her eyes. Oh shit, now was I making her cry!?

"I would like to go home."

I nodded and stood to my full height, towering over her as she bent and grabbed her purse and then stood as well.

☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎☼︎

So the car ride was pretty uneventful. We both were quiet and didn't really try to talk. But it still bothered me that she was crying when I came for her and that she called me. Something must have happened, and I wanted to know what it was.

As soon as I pulled the car up in the driveway, I put the car in park and turned it off.
We both still sat there.
I growled internally.

"What happened back there, Y/N?" I finally asked.
I turned towards her and waited for her to do the same. But her eyes focused on what was in front of her and didn't move to me. After a moment, I didn't think she would talk, but just as I was about to say something more, she opened
her lips.