Setting, world building (lots of stuff in general)

This chapter is about how the CH "society" works, at the difference of humans'.

This chapter is made with screenshots from Instagram, I apologize in advance for the typos that may be found in them.
______________________________________

CH, who I commonly nickname flag-headed people, are a completely different species from humans, even though they are biologically close (both primates, probably coming/evolving from the same common ancestor). They evolved in a similar way than humans but managed to stay in a sort of little bubble and so do not live the exact same way humans do, even though they are still inspired by them (in fashion and science for example).

So here are a few ways in which they differ (and basic setting headcanons)

The hierarchy is also defined by a question of "owning" those who are under you

The hierarchy is also defined by a question of "owning" those who are under you. A country literally owns their regions/provinces/states/etc who in their turn own sub-territories (if there's any) and their cities (if they are the lowest sub-territory). Children of countries, who do not have land or independence, are belonging to their parents and family as a whole, which also grants them the nationality of all of those who they belong to. Even if they are the lowest, the identity of their parent can play on how they're viewed (the child of a country has more recognition than the child of a city for example).

Countries (and lesser territories) also own the humans having their nationality and/or living on their land. But it doesn't limit to the humans, other species of animals too, even wild animals. Basically, any living creature living on a country's soil belong to this country. But it's obviously harder to identified which wild animal is who's, unlike humans with all the documents surrounding them.

To give an example, a wild roe deer lives in a countryside under the rule of Nancy, therefore, the roe deer is Nancy's. Nancy is Meurthe-et-Moselle's capital city, so he belongs to him, and so the roe deer belongs to Meurthe as well. Meurthe is Lorraine's department, so she owns him, the roe deer is also hers. France owns Lorraine, so the roe deer belongs to France... Sounds hard but it's kinda easy. That roe deer belongs to lot of people for an animal that's supposed to be wild.

 That roe deer belongs to lot of people for an animal that's supposed to be wild