Rating CH parents (because I can)

Tiny disclaimer : I'm very bad at noting, so I hope I gave accurate notes to the characters. Anyway, the description in itself is supposed to give all the important information, so if the notes don't feel accurate to you, you can only rely on the description (even if the whole point of this concept was to rate them, like a test).

This chapter isn't freed from being updated when I add new things to my hc, so keep an eye out for that.
______________________________________

Germany

Best dad, is very chill, loving, protective and very doting in general. He has and still is present for his son and cares about his well-being, he isn't afraid to show his love for him and swore never to judge him for anything, especially not his romantic relationships or his tastes and encourages him in all situations. Also swore to give Russany the best childhood he could have, unlike himself when he was younger, and succeeded in doing so.
He was the one who taught him how to cook and so helped sparked one of his greatest passion as well.
10/10

Russia

Did show care, also pretty protective (the kind of father who would beat you up if you dare talk to his son wrong). Unlike popular thoughts, he actually is very soft and loving with him.
Another really good part of his fatherhood is that he broke the cycle of abuse and so was a decent father for Russany who was caring for his well-being. (But he does perpetuated this cycle on someone else though-)
Entered the rabbit hole of dad jokes as soon as he became a father too.
9/10

Finland

Again, pretty nice and loving. Even if he had Åland by mistake, he took care of her (he was kinda forced since she was made with a human mother and there's a sort of segregation between CH and humans and so CH kids have to be raised by their CH parent) and raised her, alongside Sweden. He swore never to consider her as the mistake he made, that was his fault, not hers and so she shouldn't relate to it.
In a whole, they have a pretty wholesome relationship, no matter how different they may be in term of personality. And it's still the case nowadays, as pretty old adults.
10/10

Russian Empire

Not much is know about his parenting, he always has been discreet when it came to it. But when we see how USSR turned out to be, I have a hard time believing RE had nothing to do in it.
After all, if USSR ended up murdering him without pity, it must have been for a reason, not only because of his ideas (Russany doesn't agree with Russia's government and yet he doesn't want to kill him, for example).
And he acted like an incel with Finland when the latter was a duchy under his rule, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was as much of a narcissist bitch with his son. He was a very bad model for when USSR had kids of his own.
4/10

USSR

Very bad. I wouldn't say beating up your kids, raping, starving and belittling them are acts of what we call "good parents". When you see the disastrous effects these treatments had on these kids of his, you definitely can't say it was good.
It's even the reason why Russia left him to die in agony as he had got sick, as a vengeance for the mistreatment Belarus and him lived through. And feeding your kids propaganda instead of food is really mean.
0/10

Prussia

He most likely had his son by accident by one of his numerous intercourse with human women. But that didn't mean he wasn't liking his son.
First, the most noticeable : he bothered himself and fought multiple wars to gather territory as to give GE a great and powerful empire, and so give him a sort of independence even as he was still alive.
However, socially speaking, he wasn't good in the father role. Not that he was mean or careless, he was just acting more like a friend or a weird brother than a father, especially once GE was an adult, which was kinda awkward sometimes.
Another weird thing he did, thankfully not all the time, was to watch his son sleeping. Maybe it wasn't made to be creepy but more as "the caring father making sure his kid is safe and happy" but the image it gave off wasn't as innocent looking.
8/10