Language in CH (questioning)

I have been asking myself a few questions concerning languages in CH.

In my hc, there are siblings who are not supposed to speak the same languages. I wondered, when they were young, what was the language they learned from their parent that was common between all of them.

For example, the siblings from the British/French family (Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and Fredly) all speak English, only those who were mostly raised by France, being Canada and Fredly, do speak French (Quebecois French for Canada and "normal" French French with a slight British accent for Fredly).

Then the Russian family, in which they all learned and still speak Russian (Belarus, Ukraine and Kazakhstan learned their own language when they left Moscow for their own land).

So, what about the Nordic brothers and the Yugoslavian family ? Nowadays they all have their own language, and when they have interactions between one and other they speak English. But it couldn't be the main language they learned from their parent, right ? Yugoslavia did not taught a language to one of her kid to taught a totally different one to another kid, it wouldn't make sense.

Austria-Hungary spoke both Austrian German and Hungarian, so he taught both to his sons Austria and Hungary, the two latter simply ended up speaking one more than the other when they inherited part of their father's land and followed their own paths.

So is it the same for these families ? Were they taught all the official languages of their parent ? Or did their parent chose one language, the most commonly used one in their whole land, for the siblings to be able to speak with each other ? I really don't know.

Though, I did thought about making it canon that Finland knows and spoke Swedish at one point, since in the past he was under Sweden's rule and so they were living together and all. Same for Åland, she knows Finnish, Swedish and English. However, I imagine Finland wouldn't speak Swedish anymore, except on rare occasions, if he has to speak with Sweden he would rather do it only in English now.

There's another, a bit different, question I'm asking myself. You know how UK is England's son, and how Scotland and Wales were not his biological parents but still parental figures who also raised him ? What if they actually taught their languages to young UK (maybe to piss off England) ? I don't know, I thought since UK is the union he should have some elements of culture from the other members as well, not only England's, and language is part of culture.

And since I'm on the topic on languages, in my hc all countries speak their official languages (no matter how many there are) and English (for international interactions) for sure. Then some characters speak other languages with historical and familial links (e.g : Finland with Swedish, Poland with German, USSR's kids with Russian...).

It is the case for Moselle. She is pretty old and have lived through different time periods (especially with that French/German annexation shenanigans).

She speaks old French, old German, Alsatian (as it was a dialect also spoke within her people), Platt, the Germanic/Francian dialects that managed to stay alive in Lorraine even nowadays aside of Platt (maybe some other Lorrainer dialects that the other departments may be speaking too), English, and recent French and German.

Sometimes, when she would speak French or German she would mix up the more recent version of the language with the old one, so she would just let out some old expressions no one remembers by mistake or habit. After all, the French at the time of the Kingdom of France and the German of the Holy Roman Empire were different from nowadays.

Alsace, Haut Rhin and Bas Rhin all speak French, German, Alsatian and English. Alsace actually learned her own dialect by Haut Rhin and Bas Rhin after 1919. And she still has a hot German accent when she speaks French and that's cool.

Lorraine only speaks French, German and English, those who still have the knowledge on the dialects from her family and nation are her departments.

Another character who is keeping their dialect/language alive is Bretagne, as he speaks French, English and Breton. I don't know if he's supposed to speak any other language or dialect but three is already nice (it's still more than me).