What I want (Jassi-Hardik)

The mega auction for IPL 2022 had been concluded a few hours ago, and a core group of the Indian cricket team had conferred for a video call. It had started between Rahul and Mayank to discuss the progress of their respective teams-Mayank found it hilarious and a little sad that PBKS was no longer his best friend's team, too-before they'd added Hardik, who added Rohit and Jassi, who were no longer his teammates, and they kept adding more till Shikki, Yuzi and Ash (now teammates), Jinks and Kuldeep (with their franchises exchanged) and Virat and Bhuvi and Jaddu, still in their own, old teams, were all part of the raucous call.

"What do you guys think," Hardik posed the first question gravely. "Of transience and permanence?"

"You mean the definitions?" asked Bhuvi dubiously.

"No, he doesn't, Bhuvi," said Ash drily. "I think he means which we'd prefer, given the choice."

"Exactly," said Hardik. "Jinks, you go first."

"I'm neutral," said Jinks cautiously.

"You're always neutral," said Hardik in disgust. "Don't you get tired of always walking on the middle path?" he added with genuine curiosity.

Jassi quelled him with a glare.

Nobody spoke against Jinks bhaiya in front of Jassi. This rule was, by now, well known, so Hardik changed track.

"Virat, you?"

"Permanence," said Virat without a moment's hesitation. "I hate change. God-I hate change."

"And yet you've ensured everything changed a month ago," said Rahul nastily, because he was the only one who'd still not got over his captain giving up Test captaincy.

"Let's not go into that now," said Rohit quickly. "So you're saying you prefer permanence too, K?"

"No, there's no such thing. I like change," said Rahul.

"Captain of Lucknow," whispered Jaddu suggestively.

Everyone snickered as Rahul flushed.

"You like change too, Jad," said Rohit, promptly sticking up for Rahul. "That's why you have a new hideous hairstyle every year."

"And new horrific beard style," added Ash.

"And you know the sad part, Jad," said Virat. "You could actually look good if you kept your hair and beard like a normal human being."

"What a heart touching compliment on the eve of Valentine's Day from my best friend," drawled Jaddu.

Rohit coughed.

"Did you say-best friend? I'm your best friend, Jad."

"You're both my best friends," said Jaddu magnanimously.

"Sure, and I'm nobody," Ash commented to the ceiling above his head.

Everyone joined in, shrieking, Shikki claiming Rohit as his best friend, Virat protesting saying he was individually the best friend of Rohit, Shikki, Jaddu...

"Wow, Virat bhaiya," said Yuzi. "You're really big-hearted."

"Yuzi!" protested Kuldeep.

...Jinks, Bhuvi...

"Don't deviate from the point," wailed Hardik.

"Which point are we talking about again?" asked Rahul.

"He must mean the transience-permanence thing," said Mayank helpfully at once.

"I just realized most of you are unqualified to answer this question," announced Hardik.