The elder (MayHul)

In his defense, Mayank had really not had any idea his team would mess up 1 needed off 1 that badly to take the game into the Super Over after he was dismissed in the 20th over against the Delhi Capitals. When he came back to the dugout, the mood in the camp was pretty light.

"Couldn't have finished it off, I suppose," Rahul greeted him.

Mayank stumbled; he wasn't even acting. The heat was tremendous, and his feet felt badly cramped.

"I've got these awful cramps," he told Rahul with a very realistic groan.

Everyone around looked at him. Rahul masked the flash of concern in his eyes with a offhanded, "Cut the drama, mate."

Mayank, disappointed with his failure, plopped down beside him with another hyper realistic groan.

The physio asked Mayank if he needed any help.

Mayank, deciding to play the hero, shook his head, though he grabbed a bottle of water and chugged it down in five seconds. Rahul rolled his eyes.

Mayank began hunting for another bottle because his thirst had, by no means, been satiated.

"Move!" he ordered Rahul, as he tried to reach the carton on the farthest end of the bench.

Rahul sighed and passed him the carton, and eyed Mayank suspiciously and he started drinking from the second bottle at top speed too.

"You really got cramps?" asked Rahul after a while.

"D'you think I was lying—" Mayank's third realistic groan was cut off with Jordan's wicket. "Damn!" he cried, realizing that the match which had been within arm's reach had gone into the Super Over.

Rahul had his head in his hands. So had half the dugout.

Mayank began to feel guilty. If only he hadn't been going for the glory shot in the 2nd last ball...it'd have been such an easy victory!!

"Great, now move yourself, K," said Mayank, pulling his best friend's hands away from his face. "We've gotta go down to bat now."

Rahul reluctantly stood up, looking really morosed.

Mayank tried to stand up too, but his feet gave way beneath him, and he bumped down again. Rahul caught his arms on instinct, this time unable to mask his concern.

"Just—just a second," said Mayank, mortified. He hadn't realized how badly the dehydration and rapid rehydration had cramped him.

"You can't go down in this state," said Rahul.

"It's just six balls, I'll manage," said Mayank, trying to stand up again. To his relief, he didn't fall this time. "You can sub someone in the second half."

Rahul looked up and down Mayank, trying to judge the scenario. Mayank took a cautious step forward and tried not to wince.

How could he run with feet that refused to listen to him?

I'll make them listen to me, thought Mayank sternly. Once he was outside in the field, he'd forget the cramps altogether, he knew.

"Sit," said Rahul, pushing him down on the bench again. "Nick and I'll go."

"Now, seriously, Rahul..."

"You look dead on your feet," said Rahul sternly. "You definitely can't go down now."

Mayank glared at Rahul, unable to believe that he was really saying that.

Rahul glared right back at him, and Mayank pushed himself up again, because with him sitting and Rahul standing, the latter really had a rotten upper hand.