The ones Mahi bhai despises most of all (Mahi-Jaddu)

Disclaimer: Might be controversial. I'm writing this to make myself (and anyone who feels the same about those CSK 'fans' who cheer at Jaddu's wicket) feel better. Read at your own risk, because I am in no mood to explain my point of view to people crying in the comments.

"Jad?"

"Yes, Jinks?"

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

"No."

"Do you want to play Mastermind?"

"No."

"Do you want coffee?"

"No."

"Will you stop saying no?"

"No."

Jinks really wished his friend would take the hint sometimes.

"Do you want to talk?"

"Not really," said Jaddu.

What happened was this: Mahi bhai had scolded Jaddu on the field. Quite a common occurrence. Jaddu played the fool. Mahi bhai scolded. Jaddu pretended to be remorseful. Mahi bhai forgave him. Jaddu returned to playing the fool.

Today, the cameras had caught it.

And the media and public had pounced upon it.

'MS-Jadeja rift.' 'Jadeja not pleased with MS's words.'

The usual crap.

And Jaddu had found out about it through an unwitting joking comment of Deepak's. He'd reacted with a laugh. But Jinks had seen the slight drop of his shoulders. And thus he had made a beeline for his room after dinner.

"Jaddu," persisted Jinks now. "You're not seriously letting rumours of all things bother you. Surely you've thought Virat an idiot more than once for how he tends to take rumours and the media seriously. Surely you are not being an idiot consciously."

"They said I don't respect Mahi bhai," said Jaddu.

"Yeah, so? Does that mean you actually don't respect Mahi bhai?"

"No," said Jaddu.

"So?"

"It's--it has suddenly become a burden, playing for CSK. I wish last year--that captaincy stuff--I wish that didn't happen, Jinks."

Jinks sat down beside him.

"I wish the same. However, that's in the past. Forget it, Jad."

"I can't forget it. CSK hates me. My--my team hates me."

"Your team does not hate you--"

"My team's fans do--"

"Because they made a rift rumour about you and Mahi bhai?"

"And you know," said Jaddu, in a subdued sort of voice. "They wait for my wicket and all. Not that it's surprising, the way I've batted--"

"It would make anyone bat badly if your own supposed fans yell at you to get out," said Jinks, suddenly fierce. "And it has got nothing to do with your batting, you know. The ones who wait for your wicket, they don't care for CSK. They would want you to get out even if you were on 99 off 50. They shout at Shivam to get out, too. All they want is to see Mahi bhai bat. Which would be fine, if they did not claim to be the team's supporters."

Jaddu tried to get his head round that statement.

"It was the same with Sachin sir, remember?" said Jinks. "People used to leave the stadium when he got out. They didn't care about the sport, or the team. They just cared about Sachin sir, forgetting cricket is a team sport."