Looking back today (Rohit-Jassi-Hardik)

A/N: I know Jassi joined MI in 2013, but I'm assuming 2015 (that's when he became a regular, anyway). Plot conveniences...

After his raucous video call with his team (read: family) ended at 1:30, with lots of virtual cake cutting and smearing and balloon bursting, a celebration which would be better suited to Sam than him, seeing that he was turning 33, Rohit sat down to take a breather.

God, his team. Their rowdiness was making him feel quite tired, really. And he was sleepy. They always chose the times he would be sleepy for their especial tomfoolery.

As he was dozing off on the sofa, his phone beeped twice in quick succession.

One was from Hardik. The sticker of a waving grizzly bear.

 The sticker of a waving grizzly bear

Rohit rolled his eyes.

Where did he even get these from?

The other was from Jassi.

"Rohit bhaiya, I hate this COVID-19 for forcing a break in our series. but I'm sending you the picture anyway, you can print it and hang it on your wall? I'll frame it for you later.

Love you, Jassi"

The photo was a poster about 'Save giraffes'. It was the 6th in their series of Jassi's similar birthday gifts to him, starting from 2015. He hadn't missed a single year, of course, being the meticulous person he was. And his birthday anyway came during the IPL.

His phone beeped again.

A sleeping panda sticker from Hardik.

"Thanks Jass, I'm printing it right now," he replied to Jassi

"You moron," he typed to Hardik.

Heart emoji from Jassi.

Crying emoji from Hardik.

Rohit looked at his phone and found himself smiling.

The two...

He still remembered the early days of IPL 2015 so well...

_______________