5 times Rohit & Virat fought with each other and the 1 time they didn't(Rohirat)

1. Rohit and Virat fought every time Rohit ran Virat out. They fought when Virat yelled at Rohit for shutting everything out while he's running. They fought when Rohit shouted back at Virat, trying to defend himself in spite of the guilt he's feeling. They fought when they call each other the worst names they can think of for a whole hour before they calm down.

2. Rohit and Virat fought every time Virat got Rohit run out too. They fought when Rohit deliberately tries to feel angry because he knows Virat would. They fought when Virat's the one shouting at Rohit once again. They fought when Rohit's incredulity gives way to fury. And so they fought till their friends intervene.

3. Rohit and Virat fought when Rohit didn't answer Virat's call in the middle of the night, though he answered Jinks'. They fought when Rohit admitted that he had assumed that Virat was calling just to annoy him. They fought as Virat sulked till he could not keep up his pretence of annoyance any longer.

4. Rohit and Virat fought when Rohit's not in the Test team and Virat is spending too much time with Rahul. They fought when Rohit tried to mask his jealousy with anger directed at his best friend. They fought when Virat failed to understand the reason behind Rohit's anger and calls Rohit bitter and unsportsmanlike. They fought a cold war till Jinks forces them to talk to each other and Rohit asks Virat if Rahul is his best friend, and Virat lets Rohit know in no uncertain terms who his best friend is.

5. Rohit and Virat fought when they sat numbly in the team balcony with India struggling at 24/4 in the semi final of their dream World Cup. They fought when Rohit accuses Virat of playing an irresponsible shot in spite of being the best player in the world. They fought when Virat shouts back that Rohit is the best ODI player in the world, and when he accuses Rohit of deserting India. They fought till when, in the most emotional moments of their lives, Jaddu was giving them false hope, and Rohit and Virat could only turn to each other, to share their feverish hope with each other through a heartfelt high-five.

6. But Rohit and Virat did not fight when they collided with each other with alarming force on the field while attempting to take the same catch, not noticing the other. They did not fight when Rohit hurt his chest and Virat went dizzy with the blow on his head and they both collapsed on the field. They did not fight when the seniors supported them off the field to rest for a while. That remained the one time they did not fight but actually cared for each other because the other was hurt.

____________

Rohit was able to walk, and Viru bhaiya guided him to the dugout. Virat was so dazed that Sachin sir had to almost carry him to the dugout.

When Virat entered, he saw Rohit sitting on the bench, bent over and holding his chest, his eyes closed.

In spite of the ringing in his ears, Virat stumbled to Rohit at once. "Rohit! Are you ok?" he asked anxiously.

Rohit looked up quickly and saw Virat's bemused expression.

Ignoring the strain in his ribs, he stood up and made Virat sit down by gently holding his shoulders.

"Of course I'm ok. Are you, though?" Rohit ran a comforting hand over Virat's head on the side which had hit his chest.

Virat still looked so dazed that Rohit began to feel terrified. "Virat, I'm so sorry!" he whispered in distress, and that made Virat look focussed again.

"Don't apologise!" said Virat fiercely. "You're hurt too."

"Not as much as you," said Rohit, relieved to hear Virat speak normally again. "You sit here for a bit, I'm going to bring some ice."

Virat seemed quite insulted by that. "A head blow heals quicker than a strain in the ribs, you know!"

"Look at your state and mine," said Rohit, grinning, and he dashed away to bring ice from the dressing room.

Virat stood up at once, admittedly a little unsteadily, but with determination, and he went in search of Moov or Volini or something like that.

He went into the dressing room just as Rohit found the ice compress.

"Why are you not resting?" asked Rohit exasperatedly, when he saw Virat.

"I'm not an invalid," said Virat with dignity, and he retrieved a bottle of Moov from someone's kit.

The physio didn't have to work on them, after all; both Rohit and Virat were in ultra caring moods, and would not rest till the other was perfectly fine.

After around twenty minutes, they were good enough to walk out to the field.

Mahi bhai surveyed them from behind the wickets as Rohit and Virat stepped on to the field together, laughing about something as usual.

These two were absolutely made for each other, whether they knew it or not, thought Mahi bhai affectionately.

A/N: My favourite Rohirat again 😜. The idea was given by Tanzi18 and it appealed to me a lot.