Episode 6: Haunting Past

Episode 6:
Haunting Past

Scene: Agastya's Apartment.

Agastya's POV

It is late evening when I returned home from the theatre. I turned on the light of my apartment and went straight to my window the first thing to get a glance of her. When I left in the morning, I guess, she was still sleeping. Besides, I was in hurry since I woke up late.

Huh? What's this? Her windows have got the blinds suddenly which wasn't there until today morning. But why? I can see the lights from the sides of the blind and a shadow as well. I'll check if she is fine.

Scene: Sweety's apartment

Agastya pressed the doorbell for quite some time and thought probably her door bell might not be working, so he knocks the door for few more times.

"Sweety... Sweety...", He calls as he feels suspicious of something wrong.

He dials a number.

"Hello... Farah I want Sweety's number. Jaldi message karo mujhe abhi ke abhi", he barked into the phone and disconnected.

He knocked again but there was no response. His phone beeped and he immediately called the number Farah had sent. It was the landline number. The phone rang multiple times and went to the voicemail recorder.

"Hello Sweety, kya tum andar ho? Please darwaza kholo. Main kabse tumhara wait kar raha hoon tumhaare darwaaze par.", He said with concern

"Excuse me Mister. Would you mind coming with us?", came the voice from behind.

He turned around and noticed that it was a police officer.

"Hello Officer, Sweety, a friend of mine is inside and I am trying to get her open the door for quite some time but she isn't opening. I saw the light and a shadow from my apartment which is just opposite. She must be in some danger. Could you please help me check?", Agastya speaks hurriedly.

"Come with us Mr.", The officer says sternly.

"But Sweety...", says Agastya pointing at the door. The door opens and Sweety glares at him with her crossed hand.

"Sweety! Tum thik ho?", Agastya runs back and hugs her. She doesn't hug him back, neither moves. The officer pulls him and takes him along. Agastya looks at her in shock. The cold reaction on her face had returned and he wondered why.
.
.
Scene: New York Police Department (NYPD) office.

"Listen Ms. Farah, Ms. Sweety has complained that your friend, Mr. Agastya Rao, has been troubling him even after certain reminders.", The Officer informs

"Officer please, she is actually our colleague, so he just went to meet her cordially. He means no harm to the lady. Please Officer, I ensure you that he will not repeat such offence again.", Farah pleads.

Agastya sat on the chair, lost in his thoughts staring at the floor. Farah wiped her forehead in despair.

The officer goes inside the cabin and makes a call. He comes out after sometime.

"We are releasing him on warning this time but next time if he tries evading Ms. Sweety Kaur's space then the consequences will be grave for him.", The officer warns.

Farah sighs in relief. She signs the necessary documents and pulls Agastya who was still sitting on the chair like a lightening struck carcass.

He gets up and boards a taxi with Farah. There was an absolute silence in the cab and until they reached home. Upon going upstairs, he went into his room and stood near the window blankly staring at Sweety's blinded window. Farah and Rishab came up with dinner for him. When Farah saw him standing at the window, she lost her calm.