Episode 9: Aparajita - The Undefeated

Episode 9:
Aparajita - The Undefeated

Scene: Auditorium, Broadway Theatre.

Sweety climbed the first stair of the stage. The stage infront of her vanished like a steam.

Suddenly the familiar scene appeared infront of her. She found her old self fully dressed in a white dress, having no control on her steps and screaming swearing words at someone in the crowd. She turned around at the seats which were filled with audience, who were laughing, mocking, howling and abusing her. Many of them took out their phone and recorded the scene on stage. She turned back on to look at the stage where she found herself crying and whining like a little kid, lying on the floor.

Agastya looked at Sweety whose eyes oozed nothing but pain and humiliation. He knew exactly what was happening to Sweety. Surveen was smirking while looking at her. Agastya immediately pulled out his phone and pressed it against his ears.

"Hello, haan.. ek second.. (To Sweety) Sweety, hold on. Take a short break, I have to attend this important call.. Haan, hello..", Agastya starts walking towards the door.

Sweety's thoughts were broken by Agastya but her face showed nervousness and an unknown fear. She looked at Agastya walking towards the door who just before exiting gestures her to come for a smoke.

"I need a smoke break", says Sweety to Rishab and goes out.

Walking down the hallway she heard the noise in her head where imaginary people from the past, passed a mocking laughter, hurled swearing words for wasting their time and money on buying those tickets. She walked with her head down.

In the smoking area, Agastya was already waiting for Sweety. He clenched the little railing as he was frustrated on Surveen while at the same time worried about Sweety. She appears near him. Unknowingly, with her shivering hand she starts searching her bag for her anxiety pills.

"What are you searching for sweetheart? Cigarette?", he asked looking at her.

She lifted her head and nodded no. Her eyes filled with extreme emotions of fear and anxiety.

"My medicine! I forgot it at home.", She uttered in low and shakey voice.

"What medicine?", He asked worriedly holding her arms in both his hands.

"My anxiety pills", she said looking lost staring elsewhere than his eyes.

His heart was wrenching to find her in that state. He cupped her face in both his hands but she still couldn't gather the courage to look into his eyes.

"Sweety..", he said with all his love.

Finally, she looked into his eyes showing how vulnerable she was, the same rude and arrogant lady she tried portraying to him and the world. Her lips quivered unable to speak. He kissed her lips to assure that she wasn't alone in the fight.

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.. you don't have to suffer Sweety. Let go your past and embrace your present. I'll hold your hands but promise me you will get up everytime you fall.", He said holding her hand.

", He said holding her hand