Episode 13: Performance Pressure

Episode 13:
Performance Pressure

Scene: Broadways Theatre

Rishab barges inside Agastya's cabin in hurry. Agastya was seated in his chair holding his head in hand.

"Agastya, woh news...", Said Rishab

"Kya?", Asks Agastya

"Woh apne producer Balbir Singh ka car accident hua hai. He is admitted to the hospital.", Says Rishab.

"Oh God! Sweety.. Sweety wahi gayi hogi.. Rishab kaunsa hospital pata hai?", Agastya asks.

"TV par bata rahe the ki he is taken to Wellness First Hospital", Rishab informs

"Rishab just take care of everything here. Sweety akeli hogi.", says Agastya while rushing out of the cabin.

Scene: Wellness First Hospital

Sweety is sitting on the edge of the chair, placing her hands on her either side, outside the operation theatre. Her eyes were fixated on the floor.

"Sweety..", said Agastya as he ran close to her.

"Agastya..", she sulked in his embrace "Agastya.. dad is inside.. the OT", she said with choking voice.

"Everything will be fine sweetheart. Calm down.", He says hugging her.

It was almost an hour later when the doctor came out of the operation theatre.

"Doctor, Mr. Singh?", Asks Agastya

"Nothing fatal, we had to do a surgery to take out the glass pieces of the car's windows. Mr. Singh has got a minor fracture, for which we have put a plaster. Thanks to the airbags and seatbelts else it could have been fatal as well. Will shift him to the private ward soon.", says the Doctor.

"Thank you Doctor. Sweety, did you hear that? He is fine.", Said Agastya.

"I want to see him.", Sweety said with moist eyes.

"Haan, abhi ward mein shift honge tab mil lena. Okay?", He says.

After a while, Sweety goes to see Balbir in the ward, along with Agastya. Balbir was seated resting his back to the inclined portion of the bed.

"Dad..", said Sweety emotionally.

"Sweety.. finally saalon baad tumhaare muh se dubaara dad suna.", Says Balbir happily.

Sweety looks at him. His left hand was in bandaid and plaster and a few bruises on face

"Ye kya ho gaya aapko?", She hugs him delicately.

"I am fine, darling. Car ka break fail ho gaya tha and I lost control.", Balbir says while he pats her back by his right hand. He looks at Agastya standing near his feet with his head down in guilt.

"Agastya aao..", says Balbir.

Sweety sits straight and looks at Agastya.

"Aao nahi dad, Rao. Agastya Rao", she says.

Balbir laughs.

"Maine usse yaha, mere paas aane ko bola.", Says Balbir.

"Uss din ke liye sorry, sir", Says Agastya while approaching closer to Balbir.

"Don't be. I deserved it. Mera gussa hi aisa hai, ki maine Sweety pe haat utta diya uske birthday ke din. I was happy to see someone caring for my daughter so much.", Said Balbir.

"How are you feeling now?", Asks Agastya.

"Local anaesthesia diya hua hai toh I am not feeling any pain. I am fine.", Says Balbir.