35 : 𝐒𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐌𝐄

Jungkook's POV:

What was I to do? It actually happened. I thought I would be angry. I thought I would explode and lose all reason. That was always my normal response. But I didn't know how to feel.

Despair. Hopelessness. Longing. Sadness.

Pain. Regret. Fear. Anger.

Y/N had been taken. I knew I shouldn't have let her go. I should have insisted she stay with me, that I went with her to pick out her dress, regardless of how she felt. At least that way I would still have her here.

I had no one to blame but myself.

I honestly couldn't think when Amanda spoke into the phone. I was talking to Y/N, then the next moment I heard a gasp and it sounded like she dropped the phone. My insides warped into knots and I held my breath. After a moment, I heard a woman scream Y/N's name in a panic.

My whole body became ice. My heart stopped mid beat and I felt as if I couldn't breathe.
Even then, the same question hit me like a train.
What was I to do?

I knew I had to get her back. I had to fight to find her and to save her and never let her go. Yet a part of me wanted to just go straight to grieving, believing she was already dead. She couldn't be though. Something like this couldn't happen.

But it was.

"Jungkook." Jimin's familiar tone pulled me from the depths of my internal hell. Here I sat in a large room with so many computer screens and people running around with information. It was hard to focus on just what the information was about, but I just looked to Jimin, not even attempting to understand. I was out of my element. I didn't know what or how to move forward in this situation.

I was weak and utterly afraid.

"Be glad that Y/N is a good listener." he told me with a stern face. "We have her location."

Hope and disbelief flashed across my face. I straightened up and eyed him carefully.

"You know where she is!? How!? Where!?"

"Those earrings I gave her had trackers in them."

I furrowed my brows. He bugged the earrings? Jimin's hand came down and rested on my shoulder.

"She's strong and smart, Jungkook. We will do all we can to get her back. As long as she, or they don't remove those earrings, we should be able to find her."

I rose to my feet. "I'm going with you."

Jimin sighed and shook his head.

"It's not that simple, Jungkook."

Anger quickly found it's way back into my chest.

"What's not simple!? What are you talking about?! You know where she is, lets go get her. Now."

His gaze revealed his regret and understanding.

"We will. But not yet."

"Fuck that!" I growled. Jimin quickly hardened his gaze and leveled with me.

"In this setting, you are not my boss. You are not my friend, so you will sit your ass down and let me do my job, which I am damn good at! This is outside of your training, your element. You will only get yourself and Y/N killed."

I was shocked by his demeanor changing. He was always collected and professional, but he now held a position of power over me. Jimin was right. I was only going to do more harm than good. I just couldn't help but want to run to her and hold her.

Keep her in my arms and never let go.

"What should I do?" I asked in desperation. Jimin's eyes softened for a moment.